06| Sex

My heart is, and always will be, yours.

-Jane Austin, Sense and Sensibility

Leah's Pov:

I am surprised that I ran fast, occasionally bumping into people who yelled at me. "Watch where you're going!"

I can imagine their rude faces with fist raised in anger as I ran past them without mumbling an apology and it was ironic that I couldn't watch where I was going, but I wasn't much bothered about it as I was of what Ryan had said.

"It's none of your business."

His voice was cold and detached. He must've thought that I was a nuisance and only put up with me because he pitied me for having lost my sight. Tears flow down my cheeks like a broken dam. My chest hurts so bad.

I don't really know where I am going and truthfully, I really don't care. I run till my legs give way and I fall, scratching my knees and get up with difficultly, limping even though the searing pain makes it painful for me to walk. Right now, I can't face him.

Suddenly a strong scent of burnt cigarettes and the stench of alcohol hits my nose, making me want to throw up. Someone grips my arm harshly, making me cry out in pain.

"Well, well, well. Now what do we have here?"

With that I feel a cold and rough hand tilting my chin up. My stomach flips as bile starts to form in my throat. What do I do now? I wasn't scared, I was terrified. I found myself being pushed against a wall.

"What are you doing here, beautiful?" the man slurred, evidently drunk.

"P-please leave me alone."

"I would love to, but how can I waste such a good opportunity to get to know you?" the sleezy man asks, running his fingers through my hair before stroking my cheek. I shiver in fear. I can't imagine what my fate will be now.

"Ralph, that's a very nice creature you have there," another man says, making my heart sunk deeper.

Now there were two and the chances of me escaping seemed slim all of a sudden, but what he said next made my blood turn cold.

"Wanna share?" he asks with a laughter of a psychotic maniac.

This can't be happening to me. Is this a punishment? Why is God playing a mean joke on me? First my family, my eyes, my friends, and now my virginity.

"Hey, the chick is blind!" the second man exclaims in happiness when I wildly started thrashing my hands in the air, trying to hit them in vain.

"Today is our lucky day, even if she complains to the police she can never describe us."

Now I wish I hadn't run from Ryan. Where is he? He probably hates me right now. He would never bother to look for me, would he?

"Be strong, don't show them that you're afraid."

That's what I kept telling myself until I felt a hand touching my waist, making my resolve crumble immediately.

"What a nice body you have. It's a pity that your blind," the man called Ralph says, leaning close to my face making the stench of cigarettes unbearable, a stark contrast to Ryan's earthy and musky scent.

This man's touch felt different from Ryan's, which was exciting and nice. On the other hand, this stranger's touch felt- cold, rough and scary.

I feel tears streaming down my cheeks as I beg them to spare me. "Please let me go. I- I'll give you my purse," I try reasoning with the men. I knew I didn't bring much money, but negotiating is worth a shot.

"We don't need your money," they scoff. What is going to happen to me? I feel my shirt buttons being undone and I choke back a sob.

I believe that a person's first time should be with someone special. The one who you want to spend your life with. The thought of it being with a stranger, two, in fact, made it much worse.

This is rape.

I couldn't act brave anymore. "Ryan!" I scream hysterically.

"Shut up you stupid woman!" I felt my head being slammed against the wall and as my head starts throbbing badly, but ignoring the pain I continue to scream.

"Ryan!" I hysterically cry  out again and again until I feel the sting of a slap on my cheek.

"Keep mum or I'll slit that pretty throat of yours!" The other growls as I feel the cold metal on my throat. My body goes lax as I give up resisting.

I'm a fool. As if he would even look for me. I don't know why I felt like screaming his name.

"This girl is blind, but certainly not dumb," he huffs as I hear him unbuckle his belt. "Hold her down. Let's do it fast."

"No," I wail feebly, feeling the fabric being torn from my body. I try to resist, but one of them holds my arms above my head as I squirm in vain. The man holds my bra strap, ready to rip it off when suddenly he lets out a blood curdling scream.

"What the - " the other man doesn't complete his sentence as I hear the sound of bones crack.

I squat to the floor with my arms circling my legs as I rock myself back and forth. "What did you do to her, you mother fuckers!" I hear him roar in anger as the men beg for their lives.

As the men are taken away by the security, I feel a piece of cloth being draped over my shoulders. He gave me his shirt to wear while mine lay on the ground in shreds.

"You silly girl," it was the voice of the person who I had hoped would save me.

He came.

He found me.

"You came for me," my voice cracks as I fling myself onto him. I feel comforted just taking in his scent.

"Are you okay?" he softly asks as he strokes my hair.

"Now I am, because you're here," I bury myself into his chest as I clutch his shirt, making it wet with my tears. I feel his hand tighten around my waist.

"I'll always be here for you," he whispers, making me cry even harder.