Chapter seventeen - The lake house

"Hey Tori" Julian says as he stops me in the library at school a few days later when I go back

"Julian... what's up?" I ask him

It is now the end of the school day and he is supposed to be a football practice. I usually help in the library during the end of school as Kate is usually on her own and could use the extra help

"I came to talk to you" he says "you're not doing anything this weekend are you?"

"No... why?" I ask, curious

"Well, a few friends are having a weekend long party at their family cabin by the lake... it's some bank holiday thing seeing as we aren't in school on Monday and I... I mean Chris and I were wondering if you wanted to go with us... We're leaving after the game tomorrow. What do you think?" he says

"Uh... I don't know... last time I went somewhere with you two... you know what happened. I don't want to lead you on or anything."

"Don't worry about it. We were told to invite anyone so we want to invite you... besides, it's not just us... there will be loads more people there"

I sigh "fine... I'll come"

"Great!" he follows me as I head to the back of the library to put some books away. I turn to him and he smirks at me, moving closer to me

My breath hitches as he traps me between the bookcase and his chest... his hard, muscled chest. I press my hand flat against his chest to push him away, but my body doesn't want to. I can't move so I bite my lip nervously.

He looks at my lips and takes in a hard breath, closing his eyes and then opening them "you know what that does to me?" he asks. I have an idea, but I shake my head and he presses himself against me more and I can feel other hard things too "don't do things like that"

"I'm sorry?" I say and he moves his head toward me as if he were to kiss me but is interrupted

"Julian!" Christian exclaims which makes his brother move away from me and look down "what are you doing?" Christian looks at his brother, giving him a scolding look "we went over this the other day... I know it's hard... it's hard for me too. But we have to be careful... anyone could have seen"

Julian looks down "I'm sorry brother... but I can't help myself... I'll try not to let it happen again, I promise"

"Come on then, we have practice to get to"

Julian turns back to me "I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me. I guess we will see you later"

I nod and they both head off.

The night passed quickly and the game day ran through just as quickly until I arrived home after the game.

Julian had given me the address and I invited Alex and Kayla.

Alex came to pick me up on his way to pick up Kayla.

"Hey" he says as I enter his car with my bag "what's going on with you? You've hardly spoken to me all week and then you invite us to this party yesterday?"

"Al, I'm sorry... but I've had so much on my mind, I've not been able to think straight all week. I needed some alone time" I say "but I'm okay now. It will be real fun though"

"So, you say that Julian actually just asked you to go?" he asks and I nod "Wow, they must really like you now to just invite you to parties and stuff"

"Yeah, it's strange huh?"

"So, something must have happened with you guys when you went to New York with them for that week" he says as he pulls up outside of Kayla's house and I don't say anything as she gets into the back of the car.