Chapter five - what the heck is happening?

Alex, he's my best friend and we have been best friends since middle school. He's a great guy and I love him to bits... But I doubt anything would happen with us more than that. I now knew that he felt differently about me than a sister, but that wouldn't change anything... He was still my gorgeous best friend that I loved to bits.

He left after a while and things went back to their usual. The boys went out and partied all night and as usual, came back at about 2 in the morning with girls. I only knew this as they woke me up by their loud noises... I was having a lovely dream and they ruined it by coming in all flamboyantly and making a loud noise. Plus my bedroom was opposite both of theirs.

I shook my head and fell back on my pillows.

I so am not getting any sleep now, I thought

Later on, I heard shuffling outside of my room, so I went to investigate and opened the door to a shirtless Christian.

He looked me up and down and smirked as I was wearing a silk nightie that hugged at my body

"Eww! Don't look at me like that" I whisper-shouted

He just chuckled and stood there

"What are you doing?" I whispered again

"Just trying to find my brother" he slurred, he was drunk

"Try his room dumbass" I said

He looked at me as if it was a good idea and he'd only just heard it "good idea" he grinned at me and knocked on His own bedroom door "he's not answering"

I giggled at his drunken state "it's because you got the wrong room silly"

"Oh, right... Julian brother... Where are you?" He shouted through the house

I was so glad that my dad and their mom had gone away for the weekend.

He waited and heard nothing

"He's probably sleeping" I said

"Oh, right." He turned his voice down "Julian... Where are you" he whispered, expecting an answer but got nothing and then he turned to me and started walking over to me "Vicky" he said, using the name I hated most and then he pulled me to him.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he put a finger to my lips to silence me

"Shhh" he said after he did this "you're so beautiful... I so wish you weren't my stepsister... Cause I would have screwed you if I had the chance... But there's something else... Something about you that I can't shake..." With that, he let go of me, his eyebrows furrowing as his eyes met with mine and then he smirked and turned away, stumbling to his room.

What the hell was that? Did he just admit he had feelings for me?

But he thinks your beautiful, my conscience said to me, that's a start right?

Not really... He's my stepbrother, I thought back to myself

Great! So now I'm talking to myself in my mind... Perfect! I'm going crazy.

Monday was awkward, Christian didn't look like he seemed to remember what happened... Neither he nor Julian talked to me throughout Sunday.

I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and headed out to school, hoping that the day would be good.

Alex and Kayla met me at my locker before class

"Hey guys" I said as they approached

"So, we heard that Julian and Christian like someone... Seems like they both like the same girl" Kayla said "they won't say who it is though... They aren't telling anyone anything cause when they like someone, it's a big deal... They never like anyone so for them to like someone romantically, that's a huge thing"

"And you think because I'm living with them, they would tell me?" I asked in a whisper

No one knew about my relations with the Logan twins.

"Why? Do you know something?"

I looked at her, shocked "you think if I knew something I wouldn't tell you? You are my best friends and I tell you everything"

"Okay, I was just saying" she said and that was the end of the conversation.

Back at home, I headed straight to my room and dropped down on my bed... That was one long day. I was glad it was over.

There was a quick rapping sound on my bedroom door and then Christian popped his head through the door as I said "come in"

"What's up?" I asked

"About Sunday..." He scratched the back of his neck, nervously

"What are you talking about?" I asked, acting confused

"I'm sorry for what I said"

"Oh... That, I'd forgotten about it already" I smiled at him "but I'm surprised you remembered... You were pretty drunk"

"Yeah... But I wasn't that bad... I still remember what I said. I thought you'd hate me"

"You... We're worried that I would hate you?" I asked and laughed a little in surprise

"Yeah..."

"Why would I hate you? Cause there wasn't much said... Thanks for the compliment actually"

He looked at me in surprise and then the Christian I'd always known came back as he smirked "I wasn't kidding though when I said I'd do you if given the chance"

"Nice to know" I laughed

He left after and I was left alone in my room... Until later when my door was burst open and Julian walked in.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked "there's this thing called knocking, you know, where you make your hand into a fist and bang it against a door if it's closed..."

"And?" He smirked

I rolled my eyes "so, what do you want?"

"I'm bored... Chris went to meet some girl and I'm here alone..."

"Can't you hang with your friends? What's so special about me? I thought you didn't want anything to do with me?"

"Yeah, but things change, people change" he winked at me

"Well, I don't want you here... Now leave!" I pointed to the open door "and don't let it slam you in the face on the way out"

He looked at me quizzically but left anyway without another word

What the heck just happened? Are they both talking to me now?

This day has just gotten weird.

I shrugged it off and continued to read my book.

--

Hey guys, sorry for such a short chapter...

But what's going through Julian's and Christian's minds?

You'll find out soon enough.

Sorry for the ending of the chapter. It was a bit boring... But the next chapter will be more interesting I promise

Peace out

Hannah