Chapter four - a mother's love is eternal... Yeah right

Edited

The next few days passed and I did my usual which consisted of math club after school sessions on the Wednesday and Thursday and then Friday came.

I headed home in my piece of crap car and as I was heading back, my car stalled

"Stupid car" I said to the car "start damn you!"

I managed to get it started again, but it did the same thing about 100 yards up the road

When I finally arrived home, dad and Maddie were sat in the front room with the boys.

"I seriously need a new car... It has stalled on my twice on the way home" I said and they looked up at me.

Why did everyone look so down in the dumps?

I walked into the front room and then I saw her... She was sat in a chair facing everyone.

"Hey honey" she said

"Why is she here?" I asked dad

She shouldn't have been here. She couldn't come into my life and ruin things for me even more!

I was now fuming... How could she? Seven years I'd been without her and she was here... Perfect!

"She came just now out of the blue" dad answered my question

"I came to see you honey" she said

I had to take deep breaths to calm myself down and then I spoke

"Who do you think you are?" I asked "you think you can waltz back into my life after seven years and we can be all happy families again... But then again we never were a happy family"

"Honey, I'm sorry... I'm all better now, can't we be mother and daughter again? I've missed you so much" she said

I glared at her... What was it with me and glaring at people these days?

"You think sorry can fix all that you missed of my life... My birthdays, christmas... All down the drain because you never came back... I thought you were dead... If you missed me so much why didn't you call?"

"I've had some things to sort out over the past couple of years... I'm all better now"

"To be honest... I wished you were dead... I hate you" I snarled

She and everyone else looked at me shocked. I'd never hated anyone in my life... Until now. I tend not to use the word hate, it's such a strong word to use.

She stood and I didn't know she slapped me until I felt my cheek sting and I fell back

"You shouldn't talk to me like that. I'm your mother"

I looked at her as I scrambled up from the floor "no, you will never be my mother, never again!" I went to hit her back, but a pair of strong arms pulled me back... It was Christian. "Let go of me! Let me at her!" I tried to wriggle out of his grip, but it only tightened

"I think you should leave now Mary-Anne. You've done enough damage for one day" dad said to her

"Fine, I'll leave" she spat and left the house

"And never come back!" I shouted after her before the door slammed shut.

Christian's grip on my loosened and he let go of me.

I fell to my knees then and burst into tears.

I felt numb from crying and my vision blurred as tears kept filling my eyes. I felt a pair of strong arms lift me up bridal and walk me up the stairs and then drop me onto my bed.