Chapter Eighteen - Revelations

The next thing I know is that I'm awake.

I quickly pull my clothes on and leave the room, heading out.

As I walk around, I bump into someone.

I look up to meet the eyes of Randy.

He just stands there, staring at me

"Randy..." I start

"No... Don't give me that whole speech now" he says "it's not like we're dating or anything. It's cool... But if you like them so much why lead me on?"

"Randy I-"

"Actually, don't answer that... I guess this was inevitable. I'm sorry I went off in one like that. I should have handled that better..." He interrupts me and gestures for us to walk and we do. We eventually stop and sit in front of the huge lake. He turns to me and looks at me guiltily "but you know how I was really pissed off and I walked off?" I nod, slowly, unsure where he was going with all this "well, the thing is, I bumped into your friend, Kayla... And I kind of told her everything... But she was drunk so I doubt she-"

"There you are!" Interrupts Randy from behind us and we turn to see a very furious Kayla standing there "when were you going to tell me?"

"Hey Kay" I smile at her sheepishly

She sits down in between Randy and me, and she speaks

"So? I have to hear it all from Randy?" She asks "and I've been your best friend for how many years?"

"Kay, I'm sorry..."

"So, Randy told me everything..." Her mood seems to turn from pissed to excited "...are they as good as everyone says?"

Randy rolls his eyes "really? You're supposed to be mad at her, not praising"

"Right..." She sits up straight "...so, both of them huh? Must be great"

"Kayla? Seriously?" Randy queries

"Dude, chill... I'm just getting some gossip. But if you think you can do better, go right ahead... But first why don't you tell her what you told me?"

I raise an eyebrow at him "what's that?"

"Fine, I guess I haven't been completely honest lately to anyone because I find this a hard thing to do, I mean, I've seen so many people do this and they've been ridiculed about it. But I guess I can't hide who I am anymore. I've been in the closet for too long."

I give him a confused look and he sighs

"I guess it took me a while to figure out because I thought I really liked you and I guess I was being hopeful and I don't want anyone to hate me because of it"

"So, what you're trying to tell me is that you're gay?"

He scratches the back of his neck nervously "yeah, I guess I am"

"Oh... right"

Wow! After Randy's big revelation, Kayla and I go to find Alex. Kayla made me tell him everything and I did.

"What the hell are you thinking?" He asks me and smacks the back of my head

"Ow! What the hell?"

"That was for being an idiot" he says

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you... I guess I don't want anyone to know, so if we could keep it between us three and Randy that would be great" I say

"Of course, but you can't do this... it's not right" He says

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing... I can handle myself"