Chapter two - so this is my new reality

Great! I have new stepbrothers... What else could go wrong?

Oops, did I speak too soon?

Damn me and my jinxing things!

I guess this is my new reality... I would have to deal with these two arrogant asswipes for a whole year!

The joys of having these new stepbrothers was that no one at school knew about it. We'd kept it a secret from everyone since we found out my dad was marrying their mom.

I quickly scrambled up from the sofa... No way was I watching football highlights. Besides, I had other matters to attend to... Writing songs. This was my escape... I wrote songs to keep my mind occupied.

Retiring to my room, I picked up my guitar and sat on my bed, strumming away.

As I strummed the guitar, the words flew out of me as I closed my eyes.

"Do you seriously think I'm going to dinner?" I asked my dad. He'd asked me and the boys to come to dinner with him and Maddie.

"Victoria! You're going and that's final!" He raised his voice at me... Something he hadn't done in a while, "we are going out as a family and you're going to like it"

I groaned and climbed up the stairs to my room to get changed.

I'd come to realise that both boys rooms were opposite mine and they would be able to aggravate me even more... Great!

I dressed in a knee length yellow summer dress and a pair of yellow wedges. I tied my black hair in a high ponytail and pulled my glasses back onto my eyes... I was set.

I knew I didn't really need to go all out like this for my 'family' but I did want to look nice I guess.

I bumped into a wall on my way out of my room. I looked up and Julian was stood there with Christian at his side. They both looked over at me, drinking me in with their eyes.

I pushed past them and headed for the stairs, feeling their eyes boring into my back but then I heard them walking behind me.

"Oh, Victoria... Don't you look just darling" Maddie said

I smiled at her, a fake smile and went to get in the car.

The car ride was awkward as I had to sit in the back with the twins... One either side of me. We squashed together in the back and dad drove while Maddie sat up front with him. And when I say squashed, I literally meant it... The boys were football players and they were big and bulky so I was definitely squashed.

I took a deep breath in as i got out of the car... We'd drove for nearly 30 minutes to a restaurant up town so I could hardly breathe as I was being clamped together by Laurel and Hardy.

The restaurant was nice... 5 star... Only my dad would waste his money on this. But since he and my mom divorced all those years ago, he has had more money to splash around. Yeah, my mom and dad divorced and dad got custody of me as mom as seen as an unfit mother and I haven't seen her since the court hearing which was seven years ago... I'm seventeen now so that's a lot compared to some.

"How may we help you today?" The man at the podium inside asked

"We have a reservation for Parks" dad said

"Ah" the man said, looking through his book "come with me"

We were lead to a booth at the back

"So, you guys haven't gotten to know each other yet" dad said "maybe you could tonight"

"Dad, I already know them well enough. They go to my school remember" I said

"Honey, you know that's not all there is to it. Get to know each other outside of school"