Chapter Twenty-Four - New Year's Celebrations

Recap:

"So, I can be with the boys if I want to?" I ask

"Yes. If you... want to" he says

--

I literally jump on him as he says this.

"I love you" I say three times over and over again

"I know you do honey."

Then I think for a second and something comes to me "I have an idea how you can get mom back..."

Lily walks out of the door then "Maybe I can help too" she says

"You were listening?" I ask

"Of course" she says

We converse about things and then dad leaves.

The day feels strange as I anticipate what happens when I see the boys and what will happen when my dad declares his love for my mom.

The house is soon alive with chatter as Kayla and I get ready for the party.

"Well, let's hope this year starts with a bang" she says "I mean, I guess it will because of the fireworks, but you know what I mean... I know my mom and dad are divorcing now and he has a new family to look after down here, but Alex and I are together again and he told me he loves me. I'm very happy right now. Nothing could possibly ruin that"

"Don't speak too soon" I say "you've probably just jinxed it now"

"Shit, touch wood" she says and taps on the bed post

We finally finish getting ready and head toward the spiral staircase.

Kayla heads down first and Alex is at the bottom, waiting for her.

I take a deep breath and I make my way down the stairs.

I reach the bottom and a hand comes out either side of me and I look up from my left to my right and back again to see Julian on my left and Christian on my right.

I take both their hands and take the last step.

"Tori" they both say at the same time

"Mom told us what's happening" Julian says "they're actually going to let us be together"

They lead me into the crowd and Christian goes to get us drinks.

"So, I'm glad we get to actually be together" Julian says and he picks me up, spinning me around and then putting me down, frowning "but I know eventually you'll have to choose one of us. Because you can't be in love with more than one person. It's also okay if you choose Chris. I don't mind if you do. But if you choose me, that would be great for me I guess."

"I-" I am interrupted when mom comes over to us

"Hey honey, come and dance with me. We need to talk" she says

I nod and follow her, giving Julian an apologetic look, but he gives me a reassuring smile.

Mom pulls me away and we stand on the dancefloor.

"Honey, what's your father up to?" she asks "he seems pretty antsy tonight. He isn't going to embarrass me is he?"

I shake my head "I'm sure he's just pretty down because he and Maddie are breaking up because they want us to be happy"

"Oh... he's no longer going to be with her?"

"No. He isn't"

Mary-Anne's POV –