Falling for.....chapter eleven

Making what I hoped would be a stealthily move I hustled back to my bedroom.

Leaving a sleeping angel snoring his head off. I knew I still loved him but should I have slept with him again? Why the hell didn't I just keep my legs closed.

I was unsure about guys I always had been that's why I'd stayed away for so long. Don't get me wrong I'd slept with a guy at uni and two in high school but I didn't do relationships.

Cameron was the only one I'd wanted that with. Now had he left it to late? The sex was amazing but did I still want more? Did he?

I fell back asleep in bed yay for Saturday sleep ins. Hearing muffled noises and people talking then my bedroom door opened just a centimeter then shut again.

Who had been checking in on me. Cameron or Derrick? Karla would have crawled into bed with me or made enough noise to wake the dead.

I dragged out getting up and dressed. I didn't want to face Cameron especially if I was unsure about what I wanted.

Bluntly I was being a shit faced coward.

Yes we'd slept together, I'd consented to that. We'd spent a lot of time together bonding and having fun, I enjoyed that.

Unable to hide any longer even from my self I dressed for the beach and headed out into the corridor "I'll be down the beach" calling out at the front door "wait I'll come" Karla called back "meet ya in the car"

Wussing out I pumped up the music and waited for her to strut to the car blowing kisses to the guys in the house watching. I laughed and then sped away as soon as she shut the door.

"Thank fuck for that" I cheered she burst out laughing "Camo hey?" Ok we were teasing now "this could get real uncomfortable fast with you. You sure you wanna go there" "babe you win. Fess up how've you been?"

It was better than ever chatting to Karla she seemed so much more confident and ecstatic than before. Hard to believe but true. "I'm so in love" "ok I'm about to chuck" she playfully punched me in the arm and I rolled my eyes.

"Ok spare me the sex stuff and let me have it" for the next two hours I swear she didn't take a breath. We'd laid our towels, bags and beached our umbrella in the sand the summer vibe hit us. With the sun soaking into our backs we enjoyed the warmth.

"Ok I think I've stared enough and came to say hello" "Craig?" Karla sounded cautious before she rolled over to make eye contact with him "Hey babe long time no see" "not doing much partying these days. How've you been?" she politely returned "Same same you girls coming out tonight?" I shook my head and Karla made a face at me.

"Thanks for the invite though Craig" "yer bummer let me know next time you wanna let loose" she smiled and nodded then we went back to sun baking bliss. Sitting before me was newly reformed wild child Karla.

Good thing or bad? Bad for the guys, good for Karla and good for my peace of mind. "Gee your a good girl" I said to her patting her hand "bugger off Kristie your no saint any more" the teasing began again.

"You know in total I've only slept with four guys and that's not going to change any time soon" "I'm glad to hear it" a drop dead sexy voice commented.

I stayed still completely unable to move a muscle or even bring fresh air into my lungs.

The day after I sleep with Cameron and he's back.

"Wow sexual tension anyone? I'm going for a swim" Karla laughed getting up and walking off Parker continued to stand above me and look down.

Was he checking me out? I rolled over onto my back and sat up watching Karla in the surf chatting with a few girls. He sat himself down next to me but remained quiet. Our upper arms and shoulders touching creating electricity.

"Your back" "gee don't sound to excited a guy might get his hopes up" "poor guys deluded" he chuckled and shook his head becoming serious "Deny boy fessed up and told me you'd been round. Everything ok?" "Sure" I didn't want him to stay but I didn't want him to go either.

Complicated, unjust and completely out of hand feelings arouse in me and I wanted to lash out at him. Hurt him like he'd hurt me.

Leaving without a good bye or note or even telling someone to drop round and let me know. How was that polite or even mature?

"Come on Kristie, talk to me" "you're a fucking joke you know that" ok I sounded fierce "wow you've grown a pair but at least you're talking to me now. You're pissed at me for not letting you know I was going back" "got it in one asshole congratulations" he laughed sarcastically "as if it could be true your even sexier when your mad at me" his deep voice was almost soothing. I needed to keep up my guard.

I rolled my eyes and went to stand up but he pulled me back down awkwardly onto his lap and wrapped his tanned, fit arms around me. Without facing him I could still pretend he wasn't having any effect on me.

"I should have come and told you I was leaving. The ticket had been booked since I got here. I couldn't tell you because I knew you'd end up with someone that wasn't me."

Parker paused for minute then when it was clear I wasn't going to let him off the hook he continued. In a rumbling voice "I came back for you" my eyes started to water but I blinked them away.

"You don't need to tell me that Parker. If anything you would've come back for family. We just hooked up once don't be a bigger fuckwit and lie about it. It hurt you didn't tell me you were leaving that's all. I don't expect anything from you or of you" "low expectations much?" Again I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not romantic you don't even need to tell me how you feel. Things change all the time I get that. That's life. But doing the right thing that's more important" that fierceness seemed a tad unnerving coming from my lips.

"You and Cameron are finally together" I shook my head and looked down at his arms holding me.

"You left without a word" "next time I see him things are going to change" he stood up sweeping me with him then gently placed me back on the warm sand.

Seeing Parker again I knew I couldn't deny it. I was falling for him.

Hook line and sinker.