II

I walked into courtyard of Lake Point High, trying to locate Anna and Will. People were milling around everywhere, so it wasn't exactly easy. After some searching, I eventually found them sitting under the big oak tree towards the back.

"Hey guys." I greeted them, sitting down next to Anna.

"Hey Grace," Will said. "How was your weekend?"

"Nothing special, I just got my nails done with Anna on Saturday." I lied, fiddling with my thumbs.

Brooke actually saved a bunch of lives from a burning building downtown on Sunday, his weekends certainly weren't "nothing special."

"How was your weekend out of town Will?" Anna asked, leaning back against the oak tree.

"Honestly, it was boring. All we really did was fish, and we didn't even catch anything." He shrugged.

"Sounds fun." I deadpanned.

He glared at me and I just grinned.

"Ooh," Anna squealed, sitting up straighter. "Did you hear what Acceleration Rush did this weekend?"

Acceleration Rush was another famous superhero, like my brother, whose superpower was super speed. He did fight some crime in Cross Lake City, but with his speed he went all over the country, normally where his arch-nemesis was.

"No, what'd he do?" I asked.

I was surprised that I didn't hear about this in the news. Or maybe I did and just wasn't paying attention and forgot.

"He saved a a bunch of people from a bomb that someone put in a subway car in New York." She said, her eyes wide with amazement.

"Really?" Will asked, almost amused.

"Yeah," Anna nodded eagerly. "Phantom Pain took credit for placing the bomb there."

Phantom Pain was a notorious super villain, Acceleration Rush's aforementioned arch-nemesis. His power was that he could make anyone feel in unbearable pain with just a snap of his fingers. He was a real stand up guy.

"Acceleration Rush is just so amazing. Saving all those lives and stuff." Anna gushed.

Will and I both chuckled at her. Anna had a huge obsession with superheroes and supervillains. She would absolutely freak if she found out that my brother was Tempest Storm and eventually, I would be a superhero too.

"Oh, I'm sure he is." Will laughed.

"Oh he is. But he's defiantly not as good as Fahrenheit." Anna responded.

Fahrenheit was another superhero who could manipulate fire. She was Anna's favorite. Surprisingly, she wasn't one of the bigger superheroes, but she could still kick some butt.

"Those two are good and all," I said. "But no one beats Tempest Storm."

"He is pretty cool. I mean, he protects our city," Anna agreed. "Plus he's pretty hot. Well, as far as I can tell from behind the eye mask."

I giggled at that one.

"What?" Anna asked, confused at my laughter.

"Inside joke." I waved her off.

Will glanced down a his watch, and sighed.

"Enough talk about super-people ladies, it's time to get to the first class of the day."

Anna and I groaned at his statement, but got up with him anyways.

"See you in second period Will." I said to him.