VIII

I was in the training room when my phone went off. The boring default tone rang out through the room. I never bothered changed it, probably because I was just too lazy to.

The caller ID said it was Anna calling me, so I immediately answered it.

"Hey Grace." Anna chirped from the other end of the line.

"Hey Anna." I said.

"Wow, you sound really out of breath. What were you doing?" She wondered.

I looked at the punching bag I managed to detach from the ceiling, just by kicking it.

"I just got back from a run." I lied.

Lying was becoming easier for me now. I didn't know if that was a bad or good thing.

"Oh, cool. Hey I was wondering if you wanted to come on a double date with me and Alex?" She asked.

I took a sip from my water bottle, exhausted.

"Sure, I've haven't met Alex yet. But who would I go with?"

"Will." Anna said.

I almost choked on my water.

"Will?" I sputtered.

"As a friend, of course," Anna added. "You knew that, right?"

"Yeah, mhmm," I tried to play it off. "When would we go?"

I tried to change the subject away from my mess up.

"Tonight."

"But tonight's a school night," I pointed out. "It's Wednesday."

"I know, but they have the discount thing on Wednesdays and we'll be there at six, not like really late." She argued.

"Fine," I gave in. "But why do you want us to come if it's a date for you and Alex?"

"Well, you've never met him." She said.

"And?"

"And, that's it."

"Okay," I said, unconvinced. "I'll meet you there at five twenty?"

"Sounds good. See you then." She told me, hanging up.

I threw my phone on my towel, and tangled my hands in my hair. What was going on with me about Will? Why was I so, well, surprised when she said for me to go on a double date with him?

Was it possible that I maybe, well, liked him? No, Will was my best friend, I couldn't like him. Could I?

I looked at the clock, pushing the thoughts out of my head. With one glance at my sweat soaked shirt, I decided I should probably take a shower before the movies.

I grabbed my stuff, and went upstairs, and, as usual, Brooke wasn't home. I took a short-ish shower, letting the hot water relax my sore muscles. When I got out, I quickly blow dried and straightened my hair.

I put on some light make up, and glanced out my outfit. White jeans, a floral tank top, my purse, and some converse. Good enough.

I scribbled a message on a sticky note to Brooke, telling him where I was. I stuck it on the fridge, exited the house, making sure to lock the door behind me. I went in my car, and drove to the movies.

It was fairly busy for a Wednesday night, so I parked towards the back. I walked inside, checking the time on my phone. Five twenty seven, so I wasn't too late. I spotted Will and Anna sitting in the lobby, and I went over and joined them.

"Hey guys." I said, taking a seat.

"Hey Grace." Will smiled at me.

My heart fluttered in my chest. No, bad heart, I scolded it.