XVII

"Mercy," The man cowered. "Don't you show mercy?"

I laughed bitterly.

"You don't deserve mercy."

A bolt of electricity shot out of my hand, hitting the man in the chest. He flailed around, his eyes rolling into the back of his head. He was still alive, but barley.

I exited the alleyway, going back into my car. I changed quickly, not wanting anyone to see me in my suit. I drove home, letting my hair fly in the wind.

I came inside to see Will there, sitting on in a chair watching some baseball game.

"So you can just come into my house whenever you please?" I asked teasingly, walking over to him.

"Been doing it my whole life." He smiled.

He stood up and placed a quick kiss on my lips, before heading into the bathroom. I plopped down on the couch, sighing. I pulled my hair up in a bun, annoyed by the way it keep tickling my neck.

"Anna wanted to know if you wanted to go to the movies tonight?" Will asked, walking back into the room.

"I don't really feel up to it." I admitted, getting up and walking into the kitchen for a glass of water.

I grabbed a glass out of the cabinet.

"C'mon Grace. You haven't been out of the house expect to go to school or fight since Brooke died four months ago." He protested, walking over to me.

The cup slipped out of my hand, and it shattered on the ground.

"I'm sorry if I'm not completely over the death of my only family I had left yet." I snapped, pushing past him and out of the kitchen.

"Grace, don't leave." Will said, pleading with me.

"Well you wanted me out of the house." I sneered, grabbing my keys and walking out, slamming the door behind me.

I got into my car and drove off, not really knowing where I was going. I drove downtown, away from my problems. Away from Brooke, who was buried in the backyard. Away from Will and Anna, who I was only disappointing.

I stopped at the red light, closing my eyes for a second and taking a deep breath. I opened back up my eyes to see a car coming at me from the front and one from the left. They both collided with mine at the same time.

I somehow ended up a couple of yards from my car, lying in the middle of the road. My breathing was labored, and blood was coming out from what seemed like everywhere, leaving me lying in a red pool.

"Miss, miss, stay awake." Someone said, running up to me and kneeling beside me.

Traffic had stopped, no one was moving. I groaned in pain, and I just wanted to close my eyes. Everything was hazy and blurry. The next thing I remember was I being put on a gurney. They put an oxygen mask on me, rushing me to an ambulance.

"Ma'am, can you hear me?" One of the paramedics asked me.

I slowly nodded my head, my eyes starting to close.

"Stay awake ma'am, you need to stay awake." The man said to me.

"What happened to her?" Someone asked as they lifted me into the ambulance.

"Two cars hit hers at the same time at a red light, one from the front and one from the left."

"How'd she end up that far away from her car?"