X

The first thing I noticed was that the light was harsh. I winced, turning my head to the side. I saw the familiar chairs and the entrance to the kitchen, telling me I was in my house. I guess Will brought me home.

Will.

I didn't know what to feel about him, Will was a superhero, like me. I guess I mostly felt relieved. I didn't have to hide anything from him anymore. I could tell him about some of my problems that I couldn't tell anyone else. I wonder how Will had kept his secret for so long, Acceleration Rush had been around for two years or so.

I put those thoughts to the side, looking for Brooke. I couldn't see him from my spot on the couch. I pushed my self up on my elbows, my hair falling in my face. I blew it out of the way, annoyed at it, and stood up.

There was a small throbbing sensation where Black hit me with a hammer, but it wasn't horrible. My suit had been changed to pajama pants and a t-shirt.

I saw a soft light coming from the hallway, so I slowly walked over there. The bathroom door was cracked open. Will was in there. He had his elbows on the counter, and his hands were tangled in his hair.

"Will? What are you doing?" I asked quietly, opening the door more.

His head snapped up, and he took his hands out of his hair.

"Grace, your up! That's, that's good." He said, sighing a little bit.

"Yeah, I guess so. Where's Brooke?" I asked, my voice soft.

"He went to go get some dinner." Will explained.

I nodded.

"So, your a superhero now." I said, leaning on the doorframe.

"I've always been a superhero Grace. You just didn't know until now." Will chuckled.

"Oh right," I said, feeling a bit stupid. "So was it a surprise?"

"Was what a surprise?" He asked confusedly, his eyebrows scrunching together, all cute like.

My heart went bud-um. Now is not the time feelings.

"Finding out I was a superhero." I clarified, pushing my feelings to the side for now.

"It was a surprise, but then it wasn't. I mean, I had my suspicions, but I didn't really expect it." He explained.

"Oh." Was all I said, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

The sound of the front door opening echoed to us, and Brooke called out,

"Grace? Will?"

We walked to the living room, where Brooke was setting some cups and paper bags down.

"Hey Brooke." I said, walking in.

"Grace." He said, obviously relieved, walking over and wrapping me in a hug.

"Someone's glad to see me." I laughed a little.

"Well when Will showed up at the doorstep in a suit with you in his arms, passed out and bleeding from the back of you head, I was a little worried."

"But I'm fine now." I told him, breaking out of his hold.

"You had a concussion. I had to give you the needle, just to be safe." Brooke said.

"Why'd you give it to me?" I asked him confused.

The needle was only used in emergencies.

"You had been unconscious for a couple hours, and Brooke was paranoid." Will chimed in.