XII

I shot out of my chair, my feet shuffling, not knowing in which direction to go. I finally decided to go to bathroom, flinging open the medicine cabinet.

I threw bottles and boxes out of the cabinet, until I reached the needles. I grabbed one, and ran out into the living room. I hastily shoved my phone, the needle, and other needed things into my purse. I was going as fast as I could, with the thought of Will that might be dead driving me to go faster.

Will explained to me that his parents retired from being superheroes when he was born, so they worked normal jobs now, and probably weren't home. And that's what worried me. Plus, I don't think he ever told them about me and Brooke.

I sprinted out of the house, and got into my car. It was about a fifteen minute drive to Will's house, but with my driving I turned it into an eight minutes. I went way over the speed limit, and ran multiple red lights.

When I got to his house, I saw his parent's cars weren't there. I parked my car horribly, and sprinted to the front door. It was locked, and I vaguely wondered how Will had the time to lock the door if he was dying.

I ran around to his garage, and placed my hand on the keypad that you enter a code to open the garage door. I felt the electricity surge from my hand into the pad, short circuiting it.  I directed the electricity to go to the actual opener, and the door began to open.

I slid under it, bursting through the garage door. The house was dark, so I snapped my fingers, turning on all the lights.

I spotted Will on the floor, unconscious. His breathing ragged and shallow, and his face was void of color. One of his wrists was bent backwards, and one ankle was bent almost three sixty. But that wasn't the worst thing.

There was a gaping cut across his stomach, and it looked deep. Blood was spilling out of it, and was soaking into the carpet.

Sparks danced around my hand at the sight of him, and I clenched it in a fist, getting my power under control.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I fell on my knees next to him, placing two fingers on his neck. His pulse was weak, almost too weak to function. But it was there.

I shakily pulled the needle out my purse, and plunged it into his neck. I watched as the skin over his stomach slowly knitted itself back together, leaving a jagged scar across his stomach. He had lost a lot of blood, but hopefully the worst was over.

I took a deep, shaky breath and stood up. I grabbed a bunch of pillows from his couch, and sat back down. I set his leg, propping it up, and doing the same to his arm, knowing this routine all too well.

I placed a pillow under his head, knowing it was better to leave him on the floor than try moving him on the couch. Plus he was heavy. His breathing was beginning to even out. I checked his pulse again, and though it was still weak, it was better than before. I wanted to clean the blood off him, but I had no idea where his medical things were. Plus I was a little scared to.

I took Will's good hand in mine for comfort. Just to know that he was still alive. I studied him. Blood was all over his clothes, and some on it was trickling down his face. Bruises adorned his body, along with a lot shallow cuts. Looking down, I noticed a lot of his blood had gotten on my clothes too.

A single tear slid down my face, and I quickly wiped it away. Will was going to be okay now, there was no reason to cry. Although the whole ordeal scared me pretty good.

I sat there on the floor for who knows how long, checking his pulse every now and then. His breathing eventually evened out to normal, and color slowly returned to his face.

The sound of the front door opening startled me, causing me to jump up. I walked over to the front door, which was around the corner, to see Will's parents standing there.

His mom, Mrs Cathy, looked up to see me.

"Grace," She said, clearly surprised. "What are you doing he- is that blood on you?"

"Yes, but it's not mine." I said shakily.

"Then who's is it?" Will's dad, Mr Tim, asked incredulously.

"Um, well, you should probably see this." I said nervously.

I stepped into the living room, and they followed. I heard Mrs Cathy give a little gasp and Mr Tim stayed silent.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do any better, but he was too heavy to move and I was afraid to clean the wound." I apologized.

"Grace," Mr Tim whispered. "How'd you know to do this?"

"Oh yeah, about that," I laughed nervously. "I'm Absent Spark. And my brother, Brooke, he's Tempest Storm. And I saw something on the news about Will possibly being dead and I had to break into your house by frying the garage and Will was almost dead when I got here but then I gave him some medicine and I think he's fine now-"

"Grace," Mrs Cathy said softly. "Thank you."

"Yeah, thank you." Mr Tim agreed.

"He's my best friend, I'd do it again in a heart beat." I told them truthfully.

"Well, thank you anyways." Mr Tim said.

He walked over to Will, and gently placed him on the couch, fixing the pillows.

"What even happened to him?" Mrs Cathy asked.

"I don't know," I admitted. "I just saw on the news that he was fighting Phantom."

She nodded, and walked over to Will.

"So, you're Absent Spark?" Mr Tim asked me.

"Yeah." I said, fingering the hem of my shirt, which had dried blood on it.

"Small world," He muttered. "When did Will find out?"

"Tuesday, actually." I said.

He nodded. It grew silent.

"Is okay that I stay just until he wakes up?" I asked in a soft voice, breaking the silence.

"Of course Grace." Mrs Cathy said, laying a hand on my shoulder.

She gave her husband a look, and they both walked out of the room.

I sat on the edge of the couch, down by Will's feet. He looked peaceful, even though he was unconscious. His face was relaxed, not wearing that guarded expression he had when he was awake.

He stirred a bit, and muttered something incomprehensible. He opened his eyes slowly, and they landed on me.

"Hey Grace." He said, his voice rough.

I winced, wondering if that was how I sounded to Will the other day. He reached for my hand, and I gently took it.

"Hey Will." I smiled at him.

"So, I guess you're the one who saved me?" He asked, chuckling softly.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I whispered.

"Thank you." He smiled weakly.

"Just repaying a favor." I said.

"Wish you didn't have to." He muttered.

I cocked my head to the side, confused. Why wouldn't he want me to have to repay the favor? I didn't question him.

"You got my blood on you." He said, almost to himself.

"It's fine." I said.

Silence ensued, just the two of us looking at each other. It was nice.

"I'm going to go back to sleep." He said sleepily, his eyes shutting close.

"Okay." I whispered.

His breathing became soft and even, telling me that he fell asleep. I pulled my hand out of his, standing up. I bent over and placed a kiss on his cheek, before quietly slipping out of the house.