V

I did a double back handspring before turning around and kicking the head off a dummy, sending it flying across the room. I thrusted my hands forward, sending arcs of electricity at it.

I sighed and placed my hands on my hips, studying my work. I took a swig from my water bottle and grabbed my towel. I figured I had trained enough for the day. I climbed up the stairs and out of the basement, where the training room was located. I trained there all the time, ever since I could remember. I had been doing it for so long that now it was relaxing to workout, it helped clear my mind.

I went in the bathroom and shimmied out of my workout clothes, jumping in the shower. I let the warm water relax me as I rid my hair and body of filth. I got out when I was finished, putting on my pajamas and throwing my hair up in a bun.

I peaked my head into Brooke's room, where he was passed out on his bed. I looked at his clock, and it was only a little past nine.

I grabbed a granola bar and headed back into my room to fix Brooke's suit. I located a needle and the special thread, and grabbed his suit off my desk. It was a dark blue with silver lining. There was protective bulletproof padding in key places.

I weaved the needle through the fabric to close the cuts, and watched as the thread worked its magic. It patched the suit up like it was new. I did this until the suit was completely fixed, and threw it in the living room.

I walked back into my room yawning. I was exhausted from school and my workout (which lasted quite awhile). I crawled under my covers, falling asleep.

•••

The alarm blaring in my ear woke me up. I turned it off, thankful that it was Friday and I wouldn't have school for the next two days.

I walked into the kitchen to get some cereal, but stopped when I noticed a paper bag with a sticky note on it. I pulled off the note, and read it.

Went out to fight some baddies. Got you some breakfast beforehand though. - The best big brother ever

I grinned, shaking my head at Brooke's ego, and pulled out some pancakes and a hash brown. I quickly ate it, and went to get ready.

I left my hair down and threw on some jeans and a t-shirt with combat boots. I grabbed my book bag and drove to school.

The school day was uneventful until lunch. I was sitting at a table in the courtyard with Anna and Will, and we were all laughing at some joke Will had told when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out, and saw it was Brooke calling me, which started to worry me. Brooke never called me during school, he only ever texted. I glanced up to see Anna and Will looking at me.

"I have to answer this, it's Brooke." I told them, standing up and walking out of ear shot.

"Hey Brooke." I said into the phone, a little worried.

"Grace, I need your help." He said, sounding like he was nervous.

"Help with what?" I shrugged to Anna as she shot me a questioning look.

"I need your help to fight this guy." He paused. "Grace, it's your time to become a superhero."

A bubble of excitement expanded inside of me.

"Really?" I breathed.

"Really," He chuckled. "Now I don't have a lot of time. When mom and dad died, I planted a small button in your book bag. It's in that small pocket you never use. Press it when no one's looking, and it'll change you into your suit. I'm on top of the Global News tower, get here as fast as you can."