The More You Don't Know...

"Johnny!" Ghost yelled out the door. Toast quickly ran up the stairs, stopping when he saw Ghost.

"Y-yes Sir?"

"W-who is that!" Ghost cried, looking at the mirror.

"What do you mean Sir?" Toast asked, observing Ghost's body language. Toast could see Ghost's hands twitching out of pure nervousness and confusion.

"T-the man in the mirror, who is he? I've seen him in my nightmares!" Ghost asked, sweat beading on his forehead. Toast's eyes widened. Jimmy, Ghost saw him... Toast thought in horror.

"Show me." Toast managed to whisper. Ghost grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the mirror. Toast stared hard into the mirror, keeping his arm around Ghost's shoulders. He didn't see anything, but he could feel Ghost shaking uncontrollably out of pure fear and panic.

"I don't see anything Sir..." Toast sighed, tightening his grip on Ghost's shoulders. At this point, Toast could compare Ghost to a electric drill.

"You have some explaining to do Johnny!" Ghost growled, pulling away from Toast, rage replacing his fear. Toast stepped back.

"W-well Sir... Um-"

"Go on."

"Y-y-you have a m-murderous side... it has a mind of its own. H-he calls himself Jimmy C-Casket, Sir." Toast explained. As he continued to explain, he could see Ghost's eyes pointed towards the ground.

"So basically, y-you knew about this... and you n-n-never told me?" Ghost exclaimed, his eyes growing an eerie shade of red. Toast slowly walked over to the door, careful not to make any sudden movements.

"W-would you like some tea Sir?" Toast asked slowly. Ghost nodded thoughtfully.

"With honey?"

"Of course Sir." Toast smiled, making Ghost's eyes return to their usual warm honey brown. Ghost heard a voice. The voice whined at Ghost, who just shook his head in denial. There's no way a murderer is in my head! Johnny's just messing with me! Ghost thought to himself as he followed Toast down the stairs. Ghost sat on the counter while Toast continued to make tea. Ghost spoke up.

"I know you're just messing with me, Johnny." Ghost told him, earning a look from Toast.

"Why do you say that Sir?" Toast asked, the sweat beginning to bead on his forehead.

"It's obvious! There must be a ghost here, and it's messing with my head! There is no Jimmy Casket, and I'm a perfect, 100%, sane man." Ghost finished, crossing his arms to make his point. Toast laughed nervously.
"Y-you're right Sir, there must be!" Toast lied, handing Ghost his tea. Ghost smiled, then looked at the clock. 2:30 already? Ghost thought, looking back at Toast. Something seemed off about him.
"Are you ok, Johnny?" Ghost questioned, looking at his partner.
"Yes Sir, why do you ask?"

"You seem a little off, that's all." Ghost sighed looking down to his tea. He watched the foam swirl at the slightest bit of air. So peaceful, compared to earlier... Toast thought, watching Ghost look down at his cup. Toast looked around thoughtfully before coming up with a idea.

"Sir, what if we chase this 'ghost' out with our machines!" Toast suggested. Ghost smiled at the idea.

"Great idea Johnny!" Ghost exclaimed, hopping down from the counter. He ran over to the basement door, swinging the door open so fast it almost ripped off the hinges. Toast could tell he was desperate. Poor Sir... Toast thought, following Ghost down stairs. Ghost opened a box, revealing a small gun-like contraption. Ghost closed up the box and ran back upstairs. Toast grabbed a different gun.

"Ok! I'm going to scan!" Ghost exclaimed, flipping a small switch on the side. The screen on the top came to life, beeping very loudly.

"That means there's something here!" Ghost told Toast with excitement. He ran upstairs, and all readings remained. Ghost stopped.

"What happened Sir?"

"Readings!" Ghost exclaimed, before continuing to walk to Toast's room. The readings continued.

"That's odd!" Ghost mumbled, looking at Toast.

"What is it Sir?" Toast asked.

"The readings follow us wherever we go!" Ghost told him with concern. Toast quickly thought of a excuse.

"The ghosts must be following us then!" Toast sputtered quickly. Ghost thought for a minute before just nodding. Ghost walked to his room looking confused.Then he pointed the gun down the stairs, watching as the readings spiked up ever so slightly.

"The readings just went up by about .03!" Ghost exclaimed, running down the stairs. Toast closely followed, the fear beginning to build. Ghost continued until he halted to a stop.

"What is it?"

"I have an idea." Ghost told him, pointing the gun at him. Toast jumped, remembering that it was just a gun shaped contraption. Ghost frowned as the readings dropped down to almost 5, where it was at 15.03 before. Ghost then pointed it at himself. His thoughts became grim as it shot up all the way to 35. Maybe Johnny was right... No! There is absolutely no murderer in my head! Ghost thought to himself.

"What did it say Sir?" Toast asked. Ghost thought for a moment.

"5.5, Johnny." Ghost lied, looking up at his partner. Toast looked down at Ghost, doubt sparking in his mind. He's lying... Toast thought, taking note of Ghost's nervous body moments.

"So what is it Sir?" Toast asked. Ghost continued to think before answering.

"There is a ghost in this house." Ghost told him, looking into the distance. Toast nodded, walking up to his room. Toast quickly slid into his room, quietly closing the door behind him. Ghost watched as Toast left, sitting down in the kitchen. His thoughts swarmed when suddenly, out of nowhere, Ghost heard a voice.