Chapter Thirty Two

Please please please go join the facebook group for the highlander! once more than ten join i'll be posting pics, vids and more relating to the book and you are free to post what you want from how you picture characters to fan art! here is the link but it is also in the comments below:: https://www.facebook.com/groups/465440853624062/

Finlay

After sorting out some commotion over missing weaponry, stolen by the warriors I let go free and alive, I returned to Rose, sitting tall and proud on Ares.

Our argument had scared me for a moment. I truly thought she would leave me and never come back but I was glad we fought. Hopefully that had evaporated our anger towards each other's traditions and culture for a long while to come.

Everything seemed to hit me at once in that moment, looking at Rose on Ares, waiting patiently for me. Everything I had been through, that we had been through. My mind raced back to a time a handful of weeks ago when I lived a life without the drama and trouble Rose had caused me but also the romance and sensuality. I was a Laird off to war with an enemy clan, seeking revenge for the many deaths he had caused. I had rarely even spoken to Alistair before Rose. Yes, he was a warrior and therefore one of my brothers but he preferred the company of different in our group than I did and to him I was just his Laird. And now I was bringing my love to war, hoping I could protect her. She had died in my arms to save me, stirred feelings inside me I had never felt before and filled my spirit with the fleeting hope of surviving this final battle to be with her.

"Finn? Why are you standing there? Come on!" Rose called out from atop Ares, startling me from my daze. Flashing her a grin I strode over to her before swinging on Ares, wrapping my arm around her waist, rubbing my thumb against her flat, empty stomach and taking the reins from her hands.

I kicked Ares into a gallop, racing to the front of the group as we headed single file down a narrow path in the woods. Graham rode behind us, and behind him more horses stretched out into the distance, surrounded by a parade of warriors trudging along the woodland path.

The sounds of birds singing and water flowing came from all around us and I only hoped we were headed in the right direction. After the sudden betrayal by Clyde McDowell we had be forced to leave and regroup. Once we emerged from the woods I would have a better idea where we where and where we were headed.

The sun filtered through the trees, casting small spotlights of light all around us. One fell upon Rose's cheek for a moment, drawing my attention to it. I pinched her chin lightly between my thumb and middle finger, drawing he head to mine. I placed a soft kiss on her cheek, but before I could pull away Rose planted one in return on my lips lingering there for a moment before turning her head away.

Chucking I leant my chin on the top of her head, tightening my arm around me waist, pressing my body against hers. I heard her draw a breath in when my hard chest came into contact with her soft back and smile broadened on my face.

I loved this. Loved how I made her feel both emotionally and physically. I loved how she reacted to ever touch and tender kiss I gave her. I loved the way she smiled afterwards, like a little girl does when petting an animal for the first time. I especially love the blush that rises from her neck and spreads out to her cheeks, showing truly how I made her feel.

And I was lucky to still be able to see those things, to have them bundled up in her cute angelic body in my arms. Because Rose had died for me. She had died. But now she was back and all I could do was worship her and protect her so she would never leave me again.

I sudden shift of movement drew me from my thoughts. Looking down at Rose I saw her wiggle in her seat. Her body was drew tight against mine, her perk bottom rubbing a certain sensitive area on my body, causing me to stiffen suddenly, my body as hard as rock.