Chapter Eleven

Rosaline

My sleep was soft and sweet. The ride to the town had been long and hard my body felt uncomfortable most of the way.

'Breaking up' with Finn was sad and would sneak into my mind reminding me of the mistake I had made. However I refused to think it was a mistake. I was going home soon, hopefully, and I didn't need nor want anything to hold me back here.

But God, how my heart ached for Finn. He was like no other.

He was strong, independent, a leader. A man. All this I learned from him in two weeks. I could only imagine what more of Finn I could learn in a lifetime with him. A marriage-

Shut up Rose, I told myself. Stop talking nonsense. It's not like he'd want you as a wife anyway. Just think about any prettier, Scottish girl he could have.

But what about on the horse? In the cave? The kisses, the heated touch?

A soft shove to my shoulder woke me up. I groaned in anger and annoyance. I was having a good dream. A very good dream. Finn was just about to-

"Lass? Rose, lass. Sweet Rose, please wake up lass." Finns soft murmurs in my ear were the final tug from the land of sleep and dreams as my eyes fluttered and I raised a hand to rub my eyes awake.

I looked around the room whilst I sat up, slowly. Mainly wood, like everything was here. There was wooden bed, which I was sat on, and a wooden table next to me. There was a small wooden set of drawers in the corner with a large bowl and jug on top along with a large rag.

I assumed we had arrived in the town and Graham hadn't bothered to wake me but put me in the clutches of the one man I wished to avoid.

The window was open on the other side of me and I saw the dark night sky, which led me to wonder why Finn had woken me from a peaceful sleep.

"Lass, I need to talk to ye." Finn said. My eyes darted back to him. He was stood at the end of the bed, having moved from my side as I had looked around my surroundings.

"Um, maybe its best I go find Graham. I'm sure he will have room to spare for me. You can stay in here." I said in a rush, ignoring Finn. I just needed to get away from Finn. This close proximity, this bed, was doing something to me.

"Lass-"

I interrupted Finn again as I rushed up from the bed and started to ramble on about spare blankets, where were the rest of the warriors and other nonsense.

"It's for the best."

Finn seemed to grow angry with my interrupting and his short temper flared, "Lass! Do not speak like we haven't been intimate!"

I was stunned into silence, my mouth hung open. I was going to speak but Finn had stopped me before I could even muster any words.

I slapped him, hard, across the face.

His head whipped to the side and I was shocked at my own strength. I saw a small red hand print on Finn's face start to form. My stature went rigid slightly as I was fearful of Finn's next move.

Would he strike back? I was sure a fist his size would seriously injure me.

Finn lunged towards me. He was on me so quick I could barely take one step back before I was in his arms.

My back connected with the bed, the mattress dipping slightly of the weight of Finn who leant over me, his body covering mine completely. Out legs entwined the same moments as our tongues did, Finn forcing his inside my mouth.

I protested for one moment before I gave in to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders, deepening the kiss between us. The sensations between us made me question my reasons to stop moments like this between us. To stop the feelings that flowed so freely between us.