Chapter Fifteen

Rosaline

Alistair is a jerk, idiot, pervert and an infuriating big headed arse, I screamed inside my head. Alistair had just left, my bath was cold and I was missing the coffee rush that once got me through these mornings not long ago in the twenty first century. It was fair to say I was in a pretty bad mood.

I snatched one of the towels off the bed as I clambered out of the bath, my body humming with annoyance. After securing the towel around my body, which only reached a few inched above my knees, I used the other to try and dry my hair by patting if all over the wet tendrils until they were only mildly damp.

Just as I was about to sit down on the bed a hulking figure burst in and I was about to shout at it, presuming it was Alistair but my eyes met the electric blue ones of Finn.

Skipping any pleasant introductions I said, "That's the type of man you let into your little band of warriors?"

"I apologise lass. He didn't touch ye or anything?" Finn asked as he placed a bundle on the floor next to the door before walking over to me swiftly, wrapping one large arm around my waist whilst the other trailed down my back slowly.

"No. Just leered at me with his strange wandering eyes." I grunted and leant my head on Finn's hard chest.

Finn grabbed my chin lightly with his hand and pulled my face up to his before placing a kiss on my lips. The kiss turned passionate quickly and expressed Finn's and my own longing to be with each other. I opened my mouth and Finn slipped his tongue in, entwining it with my own.

Both my hands grasped his forearms as passion and pleasure flowed through my body, asking me, no, begging me to fall on the bed behind me and drag Finn with me. Finn's hands landed on my waist and he jerked my body closer to his. The temperature of the room escalated and I wrapped my arms around Finn's neck, pushing his head closer to mine.

"I kinda said something to Alistair that you might be interested in knowing ..." I said quietly, releasing my lips from Finn's and lowering myself so my feet were flat on the floor.

"What?" Finn's face distorted with concern and confusion as he pulled back from me, so he could look down at my face. My nerves grew and I twisted my fingers, a nervous habit I had. My palms became sweaty and my heat beat increased.

"Alistair was questioning our relationship and I..." I took a deep intake of oxygen and rushed out the next sentence in one breath, "I told him we were engaged. I know I should have come up with something else but I didn't want to seem like a who-"

I was cut off by Finn's lips, pressed tenderly against my own. My eyes were open in shock Finn's lips moved gently against mine in a slow, torturous way which left me wanting more.

Finn pulled away and said, with a smile upon his face, "that is fine. I was thinking of something like that as well. Ye will no longer be thought of as a whore if ye are Lairds intended. My men won't touch ye."

"Not even Alistair?" I asked.

"I will confront him at a later date. I will warn him away from ye. I have no doubt he will listen to me, for I am his Laird and if I wish I'll have him out of the clan before he can say 'nay'" Finn ran one hand down my face gently.

"He just unnerved me, that's all." I smiled gratefully up at him.

Finn went to answer before his eyes widened with surprise, or as if he had remembered something he had forgotten. He jumped from around me and back to the door, grabbing the bundle he left on the ground before slamming the door closed.

"I went to town and got some new garments for ye." Finn said, a proud expression settling upon his face. I grinned at him before taking the clothes from his hands and placing them on the bed.