13~Bathroom Floors

Even If by Ella Eyre, Blue Ocean Floor by Justin Timberlake

----

"Why can't I have a girlfriend that doesn't give herself up to other people?" I swallow hard, blinking twice as my eyes narrow at him.

"Excuse you?!?" I snap, my stomach dropping as I put the pieces of this all together in my mind. What has he seen that's made him like this?

"Why every time do things get good between us do you go and ruin it with somebody else?"

My mouth falls open, as though if I try hard enough words might actually form in my head and I might be able to come up with a reply or a decent explanation. "I..." Is the only noise that leaves my lips whilst I feel suddenly slightly light headed.

Alarm bells screaming in my head as though the hurt look on his face wasn't enough.

He knows.

"You what?" Justin asks his jaw clenched

"I can explain." I whimper in reply to the harsh tone in his voice. The coldness reminds me of last time we were in this sort of position just... that all seems less serious and completely stupid now in comparison to this.

"Of course you can!" Justin chuckled eventually moving from his place and making his way towards the kitchen whilst I follow like a lost puppy. "You don't need to explain though, because it all makes sense now." Justin hums to himself making my eyebrows furrow together.

"What do you m-"

"What I mean Charlotte," Justin begins cutting me off and licking his lips as he emphasises every single letter of my name causing my stomach twist uncomfortably. "Is that I know when it happened."

"It was at th-"

"Party." I sigh looking down to the floor my throat becoming dry as he finished my sentence for me. "That is why you won't sleep with me, that's why you barely look at me when we fuck and that is why you're always so fucking snappy!"

"It looks worse than it was right now." I state my voice wavering despite the confidence I was trying to put across.

"Worse?" Justin asks slamming his bottle of water down on the bench making me jump a little. "It can't get much worse." It's silent for a moment between us, the tension as painful as the silence between us. I crept towards my hand reaching out to touch his arm. "Charlie, I..I don't understand why?" He says and I'm not too sure if it's something he wanted me to answer. He shakes his head moving his body away from mine.

"It wasn't me. He kissed me!" I stressed standing opposite Justin, the counter acting as a kind of mediator between us.

"Bullshit!" Justin yells suddenly, his bottle of water going flying across the kitchen, splattering water along the room before bouncing against the floor in a deafening silence.

"It wasn't like that." I mumble beginning to feel more upset about this all. He's not going to listen to me, I know he's not. So there's no point in trying to justify why I didn't tell him.

"Of course it's not... I'm sure your Mom said that when she was explaining about Christopher to your Dad." Justin adds dryly as I sigh. "You're exactly the same as her!" He spits the edge of his lips quirking upwards in a small smirk. "Like mother, like daughter?" He teases twirling a small part of my hair between his fingers then flicking it away from him as I narrow my eyes at him. "You're a cheating little-"

"DONT. even finish" I growl still keeping my eyes on the floor feeling to guilty to look in his eyes. "HE KISSED ME!" I yell a sudden anger bubbling within me with the mention of my Mom. He has no right getting involved in something which doesn't even involve him like that!