27~Relax

READ END NOTE PLEASE

"I'm gonna kill him." I grumble for the hundreth time today as the car pulls up at the hospital. My hand is gripping Justin's tightly as he lets me get on with my endless ranting. "First I'm gonna kill dad, then I'm gonna kill Jamie for stressing me out like this!" I snap Justins thumb running smoothing circles on my hand as I let out a breath.

Yesterday was torture, I was stuck in Canada living on edge all day in hope that nothing bad had happened to Jamie. Dad could only tell me so much as he was still waiting for the doctor to talk to him after Jamie's initial examination. Turns out Dad bought him a bike for christmas and whilst Dad otherwise occupied himself with god knows what Jamie was hit by a car. He passed out almost straight away and they'd been running tests on him all yesterday which took longer because it's christmas and everywhere is short staffed.

"Char, you have to just ca-"

"If you're about to tell me to calm down you can fly your ass back to Canada." I grumble pushing open the car door and justin snorts quietly following me as I wiggle myself out the car and walk quickly into the hospital. It smelt of disinfectant and reminded me of so many bad things including my endless sickness just 4 months ago.

"I just don't want you getting too stressed out. I know this is horrible but this really could have an eff-" It's rude of me, I know but I completely switch off from Justin's words. My main focus right now is Jamie, I need to know he's okay even though Dad's tried telling me ten times over he is. I just need to see for myself.

I quietly navigate myself through the hospital following the signs, Justin talks quietly to me as we push the doors open to the childrens ward. God I hate this place so much. They try to make it more cheerful (here especially) with the little paintings on the walls and happy looking nurses but it really doesn't work. "Charlie!" Justin snaps from beside me making me jump and my hold on his hand tightening. "Char, calm down." He instructs turning me so that I'm facing him.

My face is hot as though I can feel my embarrassment for reacting this way when he's probably fine, hopefully."I get that your stressed and right now Jamie is your priority but you're mine. This isn't good for you or the baby!" Justin snaps and I look down silently. I know every single word he's saying is true but I just want everything to be okay. "You're shaking babe." He notices watching as my hand wobbles without his there.

Oh.

I didn't even realise...

"I'm so sorry!" I gasp tears filling up in my eyes and Justin shush's me instantly, pulling my body into his arms. I wrap my arms around his body tightly bringing myself as close to him as I could with my bump in the way.

"Don't be sorry. You haven't done anything but be worried about your brother." Justin says quietly nuzzling his face into my hair. I pull away sniffling and brushing under my eyes softly mopping up the tears which had maybe landed there.

"I'll be able to calm down when I see him." I nod to myself smiling meekly and Justin seems to agree with me from the way he reaches for my hand once more and interlocks our fingers. The gesture has my heart leaping out of my chest and I find the strength to muster a small real smile on my lips when we reach the main desk of the ward.

"Can I help you?" A woman with blonde hair is sat behind the desk, she has short hair and a bright smile which quite honestly makes me feel better about this whole thing already.

"I uhm...I"

"We're looking for Jamie Forster?" Justin asks and the woman smiled typing something into the computers.

"Are you family?"

"I'm his sister."

She makes us sign in through the visitor book and directs us to a room just down the hall.