Chapter 13

(Veronica's POV)

Zayn and Aleena had just gotten back with Harry and everyone was getting ready to go for another session of skiing. But I wasn't really up to going. And Harry was really tired from his flight so he didn't want to go either.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Aleena asked me one last time before they were heading out of the door.

"Yeah, I've got to pack my stuff anyway.. So I'll stay." I said.

"Why are you packing?" Harry asked me once Aleena and the rest left for day 2 of skiing.

"I'm going back home, spending New Year's Eve with my parents." I told him.

"Oh, that's nice. Get some family time." He said.

"Yup. Now since you're doing nothing get upstairs and help me pack!" I said trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Do I have to?" Harry asked.

"Come on, it'll be.. Uh.. Fun?" I said obviously not convincing him, but he agreed in the end anyway.

"I'm used to packing all the time anyway, we travel a lot." He said.

We went upstairs to mine and Aleena's room, where I began gathering all my things to start packing. I opened my suitcase and started to put my belongings in. Harry just helped me fold some of my clothes, but I think he was mostly just there to give me some company so that packing didn't seem as dull. And before I knew it we were done.. Mostly because towards the end we just shoved my stuff in, and not very neatly. I gave the room a last check to see if I had left anything.

"All done!" I said at long last.

"Finally!" Harry said happily. "So what did I miss these past few days?"

"Not much really.. We've just been doing the general stuff." I said.

"Really? Nothing interesting? Nothing?" He asked.

"Actually, There is something." I said.

"Tell me!"

(Harry's POV)

"But I need to know something first.. It's about the girl Zayn likes, you know who she is right?"

Oh no, where's she going with this?

"Um, yeah." I said.

"Because I think I do too." She said.

"And..?"

"It's me isn't it?" She asked me.

"Yes! Did he finally tell you? He's always been a little shy.."

"Yeah, he did." She said, she didn't sound too delighted.

"You don't like him back? I thought you did.. I told him to go for it.." I said.

"No, that's not the problem, I do like him back.."

"What's wrong then?"

(Veronica's POV)

"He doesn't remember telling me."

"Wha- how?" Harry asked puzzled.

I told him everything that happened last night, Harry was a good listener, a good friend. But I still hadn't told Aleena, she joked about Zayn and Me, but that's all it was, a joke. I didn't know if she seriously meant any of what she said. And I didn't know how she would take it if I told her that her best friend liked her cousin brother.

"I don't know what to do now, I've never been in a situation like this. I don't know what to tell him." I said.

"You should just go tell him how you feel, you know how he feels about you. He's just as clueless as you are." Harry said.