Chapter 15

Walking past the familiar university gates dragging my bag towards my dorm, I was back to college. Back to the old routine, getting up early for class, eating the terrible food at the cafeteria. But I was excited to see my friends again, Aleena, Zayn... I thought about him a lot and it hurt so much. I'd given up on him remembering that night.

I went up to my room, Aleena hadn't gotten back yet, I kept my bag and went out to take in the warmth of the sun we rarely get here. I took a walk around our campus, I was happy to be back. I found Alison, pulling along a bag that was twice her size.

"Hey! Ali!" I waved out to her.

"Oh hey Veronica!" She said. "How was your break?" She asked.

"It was good! Yours?" I said.

"Great!" She said.

We chatted along the way to her room and back to the university grounds, she mostly spoke about her holiday and her boyfriend, Connor.

"Where's Aleena? Is she here yet?" Ali asked me.

"Nope.. She hasn't come yet."

"So how was your ski trip?" She asked me.

"It was good, we had a lot of fun!" I told her.

We spoke for a little whole longer until I heard someone scream.

"HEYYY!"

It was Aleena. She attacked me with a hug that almost knocked me out. "I missed you guys.." She said.

"Aw I missed you too!" Ali said.

"It hasn't been that long Aleena.. Just a week" I told her.

"Yes, but I still did." She said. "So when did you guys get here?"

"Just a couple of hours back." I answered.

"Okay, Veronica could you come up to the room with me? I need your help with something." She said tugging my arm.

"Um, yeah sure." I said. Alison skipped off to go find Connor and we made our way towards our dorms.

"Ron, you just go upstairs and i'll come in a while.. I've got to um.. Do something." Aleena said.

She was acting very weird, like she was hiding something from me.

"Okay.." I said looking at her with suspicion.

She gave me a thumbs up and a quick hug and speed walked away from me.

I climbed up the stairs to my room and rummaged my pockets for my keys.

I unlocked the door "OH SH.. What are you doing here? You almost gave me a heart attack!" I gasped.

It was Zayn, cute as he was, sitting on my bed looking through my drawings in the dim dorm room of mine.

"Hi you." He said to me with that killer smile of his that always made my heart melt.

"I didn't know you'd be here. Aleena didn't tell me.." I began to say.

He got up and walked over to me. "That's because I wanted this to be a surprise, beautiful."

My heart beating so fast I couldn't move or say anything. I didn't know what was happening but it was.. Did he just call me beautiful?

He took my hand in his and said, "I remember, Ron." He paused for a second. "I'm so sorry it took me this long to realize, but I remember now."

"It's okay."

IS THAT ALL I COULD SAY?

"Veronica, you're one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. Inside and out. Do you maybe want to go out sometime?"

I didn't even see this coming. My heart beating so fast and I couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't say anything but "Yeah, definitely."

___________

Note: I'm sorry I haven't updated in like 4 months! I've been super busy with school and stuff and I'm going to try and update more often. I'm not sure if there's anyone still reading so it'd be cool if you could comment and vote and let me know how you think the story is going or how you think it should go :)

Thanks for reading :) x