Chapter 14

(Veronica's POV)

I was going back home, as much as I was looking forward to seeing my parents, I was going to miss everyone here. Zayn, Harry and Aleena came to drop me off at the airport.

"Got your ticket?" Aleena asked as we were walking towards the entrance of the airport.

"Yup.." I answered.

"If you left anything behind, I'll bring it back for you.. Okay?" She said.

"Okay.."

"Have a safe flight home." Harry said giving me a hug goodbye.

"I'm going to miss you!" Aleena said hugging me.

"It's just a week.. We'll be back in college in no time." I said to her reassuringly.

"Take care okay?" Zayn said to me. "See you soon."

(Zayn's POV)

"Bye." She said to me softly. I leaned forward to give her a hug. She wrapped her arms around me tightly, I could feel her heartbeat. I took in a deep breath before she let go. She looked up at me with her big, dark green eyes, she looked almost hurt. Like I'd done something to make her feel that way, but I didn't know why.

She then waved us all one last goodbye before turning around and walking into the airport. As I saw her dissapear behind the crowds of people, I remembered. I remembered what I'd done. I remembered what happened that night. I know why she was hurt.

"Shit." I said out loud.

"What?" Aleena asked puzzled.

"I did something really stupid." I said turning towards Harry and Aleena.

"What are you talking about?" Aleena said still confused. Veronica didn't tell her.

"Caught on have you?" Harry said. "Do you remember now?"

"Will you please tell me what you're talking about?" Aleena said, a little pissed.

(Aleena's POV)

"Zayn kissed Veronica and forgot about it because he was drunk." Harry said clearing up the confusion.

"WHAT?" I looked at Zayn with my eyes wide. "EXPLAIN ZAYN."

"I didn't just kiss her.. I really like her okay.." He said. "How could I have been so stupid."

"I knew you liked her.." I mumbled.

"And she likes him.." Harry added.

"How do you know all this?" I asked Harry.

"She told me, yesterday" Harry answered.

"What do I do?" Zayn said.

"First.." I said hitting him on the back of his head.

"Ouch! But I guess I deserve that." Zayn said.

"And second, apologize. And tell her how you feel." I said.

"Why didn't she tell me?" I asked Harry.

"She didn't know how you'd take it.." He said.

(Zayn's POV)

"Should I call her?" I asked. I was hopeless. She probably hated me. No wonder she didn't talk to me as much yesterday. No wonder she was so distanced.

"You can't do that over the phone, idiot." Aleena said.

"But I need to tell her, I need to do something." I said.

"Well, I've got a plan.." Aleena said mischievously.. "But you're going to have to wait..."

_________________________

(Veronica's POV)

"Feels good to be back home!" I said taking in a breath of relief.

"It's good to see you back home, sweetie" my mother said.

My mother was a very gentle woman. She was always calm, never spoke loudly, even when she was mad at me.

"Why don't you go freshen up, you look very tired." She told me.

I got up from our couch and walked up the familiar flight of stairs, into my room. The room was completely empty. Like no one had come in for ages. There was a thin layer of dust settled on the top of all my books on the bookshelf. My study table was unusually clean. It seemed like yesterday I was packing all my stuff up to leave. My bed hadn't been slept on since the day I left. I picked up a towel and some old, comfortable clothes that I had left behind.

I just wanted to take a nice hot shower and finally eat some good home cooked food and relax. I got dressed, dabbed my wet hair with my towel and went into my sisters room. It looked just like mine, unused, neat, but it was just sadder walking into hers. I would always go back to live in my room during the holidays, but there was an eerie emptiness in hers, sometimes I would forget that she would never come back.

I fell onto her bed and was lost in thought.. about life back at home. The house was so silent. There was no sound of arguing girls, no sound of us having any fun.. I remember spending a lot of time in her room, I always liked it better. Even after she was gone, I would sit in here for hours.. Thinking of all the times we'd do each others hair and makeup and dress up and gossip about the people we hated, boys, our problems.

I heard a knock and looked up, my father walked in.

"Didn't realize you were there." I said sitting up.

He sat next to me, "It's nice not to have the house empty, I knew you would be in here." He said to me.

"Don't relive the past over and over again honey.. There's no point, you can't change it." He said.

"I know.. I was just thinking about how much I miss home that's all." I said. Both my parents know how much all this had affected me. They know how quiet and closed I'd become. And I could see them trying hard to get me to tell them how I was feeling, yet I would never let them see it. "Mom says dinners ready, she's made your favorite." He said smiling.

"Good! I've been craving to eat mom's food.." I said getting up and going downstairs. I was glad to be back home, back to my old life.

----------

Note: Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Please VOTE & COMMENT! I like knowing how you feel about the story.. Give me your suggestions! :D

Thanks :) xx