Vic

Edited✔️

Song: chocolate (acoustic)- the 1975

<<Vic>>

I yawned and sat up, propping myself against the head board. I was parched. My arms stung slightly, but other than that I was feeling a lot better than the previous day. My phone buzzed, making me jump. I grabbed my shitty iPhone 4s and switched it on.

'Oh my god, the fag is suicidal!' -Unknown number.

'What a soft motherfucker, your life ain't even that bad' -Unknown number.

Numerous amounts of Facebook, Twitter and snapchat notifications spammed my phone. Someone had let my school know of my suicide attempt.

"Mr Fuentes," a nurse, she didn't look very old, in her late 20s maybe, entered the room. She wore a simple nurse uniform, however had her hair tied up in pigtails, giving her an anime sort of aura, "Mr Fuentes, Doctor Carter sent me to discus some... Issues," she spoke hesitantly, almost nervously, "we are aware that this is your 5th suicide attempt in the past four years and you have been hospitalised more than the average 17 year old boy, we think it would particularly helpful to admit you to 'St Johns Mental Hospital,' you're only seventeen, not legally allowed to sign yourself over, although you can discuss it with your parents, it's advisable that you do attend St John, it is, however more your parents decision and once we call your father and get his input, we would like to register you there ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience, Sir." She bowed her head slightly and left before I had a chance to protest. She was going to call my dad, and my dad was definitely going to make me go, that's one less son for him to worry about, one less son to pay for and one less son to 'love.'

I had to get out of here, before they even get a chance to send me home, because once I go home, I'll be going to St Johns. Quickly, I ripped the needles out of my skin, not caring that it cut me, and hopped off the bed. I jogged to the door and tore it open, looking both ways. Coming from the right was a doctor, so I took a sharp left and ran down the corridor. I took a random turn and came face to face with a nurse.

"Are you lost? Show me your wrist, the band around it will show me which room your from." She sounded sweet, but I didn't care, the hospital gown was short sleeved and I was not letting her see the cuts that ran down my arm, instead I shoved her away from me and ran further, taking random turns when I saw Doctors or Nurses approaching. Panting, I meandered to the left, but just at the end of the hall was Doctor Carter, before he could notice me, I yanked open the door beside me and hopped in, slamming it shut behind me, then twisting the lock. Taking deep breaths, I shut my eyes and leant against the door, putting my hand against my mouth before bursting into tears. I let out a few sobs then collapsed onto the floor, crying.

"Uh, not to sound rude or anything, but who are you?" a voice interrupted my cries, and I looked up into a pair of emerald eyes. He had long, but not as long as mine, black hair, with slight waves patterned into it, his hair was messy, probably much like mine. He wasn't massively tall, but like anyone, much taller than me. He was extremely handsome.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. Shit. Oh fuck." I mumbled, turning round to exit.

"No wait!" mystery man yelled, grabbing my wrist. I hissed in pain, "shit. I'm sorry, I didn't kno-" he stopped talking as soon as he looked at my arms, and let out a pained gasp and ashamed, I hid my arms behind my back, looking sadly to the floor.

"I'm sorry, I'll leave if you want." I muttered.

"No, no it's fine I uh-" he held up his arms to my sight and I looked at the scars that laced his arms. They were similar to my own.

I smiled sadly at him.

"Why are you here?" he asked me.

"Because I ran away from a nurse," I responded simply.

"I mean, why were you here in hospital?"

"I, I uh, I tried to kill myself."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I guess," he whispered.

"No, no it's fine, how about you? Why are you here?" I asked.

"My dad is, uh, he's abusive and strangled me."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh."