Vic

Edited

• v ι c •

St John's just seemed to have a gloomy aura. I hadn't even entered the building and I knew from the minute I saw the old, iron gates that I was going to despise the place. I was left alone, in front of the building with nothing but a bag that, most likely, was going to be taken away from me because it was classed as 'harmful.' Sighing, I took my first step into the building, and almost immediately, as I suspected, the bag was taken from me.

"You must be Victor Fuentes," A bald man, probably in mid 40s, spoke, "my names Dr Grant and I am head of your section."

I nodded politely, I didn't want to be here, at all. From the outside, it looked like an asylum from a horror movie or something, however the inside wasn't too bad, modern, sort of, it looked a lot like a hospital. White floors, and creamy white walls. The difference was that there was a door at the end of the hall way that was big and iron, obviously protected with a lock.

Dr Grant sent someone to show me to my room, which, apparently already had my 'roommate' in it. In some parts of the hospital, people weren't allowed cell mates due to violent or contagious conditions, but in this section, it was allowed, luckily. I don't think I'd be able to spend a night alone before twisting the place into my personal hell. The nurse that was leading me had long blonde hair, was probably around her late 30s.

"Your roommate is Mr Bostwick, he's currently in his therapy session and will be out in ten minute, during that time you should try to get yourself settled." She told me before leaving. The room was decent, two single beds, both vacant but one had two bags piled on it, and a small dressing table with rounded edges, most likely so no harm could come from them, placed next to each bed. On the bed lay two simple, white pillows and a plain white sheet. The room was decent, not incredibly small but not huge, just right for two mental patients.

I shivered, I didn't want to be here at all. I put my hands in my coat pocket and felt something beneath my touch. Careful not to break the paper like material, I pulled it out. It was a picture of Mike and I that one of his friends must have taken. There was nothing special about that day, just that me and Mike had spent it together. I placed it on the dressing table and lay on the bed.

I felt my self loosen up, relax a little. I was almost asleep when someone opened the door and disrupted me from almost falling asleep. Mentally sighing, I turned to face my 'roommate' so I didn't seem rude.

"Oh! It's you!" He said, it took me a moment to realise who he was, but when I did my heart fluttered. It was the cute guy from the hospital, Kellin.

"Kellin?" I said, trying not to sound as excited as I was. St Johns just got better by a mere human being. I was roommates with cute boy who I never thought I'd see again!

"Vic, right? You're the guy that barged into my room." He smiled politely at me.

I nodded, "yeah, I'm Vic," I paused, wondering if I should carry on, "I certainly didn't expect to see you here."

"I thought the same about you, you seem so... so-"

I interrupted him, "fucked up?"

"I was going for the term stable, but..." He smiled caring at me.

I tried to force a smile upon my lips but I couldn't. Being here, for me personally, was torture. Now that I was here I couldn't look after Mike, not that I was physically stable enough to look after him anyway, hell I can barely look after myself, I have scars to prove my weakness.

"How about, since we're going to spend a lot of time together, we get to know each other." He suggested, I nodded and sat crossed legged at the top of my bed, parting the space in front of me. He sat down and grinned. The first thing I noticed was that, while he was smiling, there was pain hidden behind his beautiful, emerald eyes, and I appreciated his strength, he was trying to be kind even though he clearly was so torn up and broken that he could have been horrible.

We started off simple, questions such as 'what's your favourite color?' and 'when's your birthday?' however, the further on into the day we got, the deeper the questions became, it developed from, 'what is your middle name?' to,'What's the reason you were sent here?'

And I was happy to say that when we were called down for lunch, I knew Kellin a lot better than when I first barged into him at the hospital. I felt bad however, I hadn't told him I was gay. Being bullied for it really effected my choices, I didn't want to loose the chance of making a friend due to my sexuality.