Vic

I've gone for the double update to apologise for the ending.

song: is the somebody who can watch you- the 1975

3rd person

The crisp December day fit the mood perfectly. Dull clouds cloaked the sky as a brisk wind prickled the skin of it's guests. Frost had formed a clear blanket across the sheet of grass.

For Vic, the last few weeks had been nothing but sleepless nights and tears.

Vic had seen his boyfriends body for the last time at the hospital after the incident, and he had cried all the things he wished he'd said beside the metal table his body lay on, and after nearly an hour of one way conversations and endless streams of tears, doctors kicked him out as the pathologists were soon going to be analysing his wounds.

And now, on this bitter day, nearly four weeks after his death, Kellin's lifeless body lay in a closed wooden coffin. Tears of people who 'cared' for him were shed, even his dad showed up, Vic refused to look at the man, however he knew it was him.

The only people Vic could really relate to in this room were his brother and Kellins mother, who was curled up on one of the seats sobbing.

It really broke Vic's heart.

"Mrs Bostwick," he found his voisé as he made his way over to the weeping lady.

"Oh Vic," she sobbed as Vic took a seat beside her, placing a comforting hand on her back.

"He'll be here," his voice almost inaudible due to the lump rising in his throat, "he'll be here protecting us, he'll be laughing and smiling along with us."

In all honesty, Vic didn't know if he was saying these words to cheer up the mother of the deceased boy or rather himself.

Today was a day he could very much relate to, much like how before he met Kellin, he had perfected a false smile and plastered it on for the day. Sure, in the morning he shed a few tears, but he'd promised himself that during the service, no tears would be spilled.

Though now, seeing all these people crying, he didn't know whether he could, several times already he'd felt tears pricking his eyes, how many more until he was full on sobbing?

After another ten minutes of people arriving, the hum of people chatting soon quietened, and the ceremony began.

Vic had never believe in God, and he probably never will, but Kellins mother was Catholic, so the whole funeral was based on God and heaven.

It wasn't long before Kellins mother herself stood on the podium, coughing slightly before spilling out a few words.

"My son," she choked, "I was never a perfect mother to him, but recently, our relationship had rekindled. I'd visit him, I'd love him as much as I could, and, and I just," silent tears rolled down the middle aged ladies face, "and I don't know if I'm ready to move on from him, someone told me earlier that he would be here protecting us," she glanced at Vic, "that eventually he'll be laughing and smiling with us, and I 100% believe that. I- I," and she broke down.

Vic found himself on his feet before he could even comprehend what was happening, and in an instant he was at the podium, supporting her and walking her to the front row of pews, sitting her down and resuming his spot at the podium.

"I used to hate my life, hate myself, hate everything around me until I met this one boy who changed my perspective on life," Vic repeated the words he'd said to Kellin the day his life was taken, "he made me see the brightness during the darkest times, he was the light that led me through dark places, he made misery into happiness, and no doubt he could put a smile on your face, even on your darkest day. He made me who I am now, and I may not have known Kellin for very long, but he meant the world to me. That's just the type of person he was, he could make someone fall for him simply by the way he would look at you. Many people loved him and so many people will carry on loving him, and people that can't do that," he made eye contact with Kellins father, "are insensitive, compassionless, uncharitable people. He was the most loving person I know, and I can safely say that without him I wouldn't be here."

Sobs raked his body as he looked at the coffin.

Pulling his mouth away from the microphone, he turned to view the wooden box, muttering a quick I love you before letting the funeral go on.

"I love you, Kellin Quinn Bostwick."

THE END

There will be an epilogue.

I'm sorry if you didn't like the ending, I've had it planned for a while, however I never really knew when I would do it until a few chapters ago where I decided 30 chapters was enough.

Thank you so much for reading this.

It would mean the world if you promoted and voted for the chapters. Thankyou for sitting by in my shitty book. I began this a while ago when my writing wasn't to good. To be honest I'm not sure why people are reading this, but I'm grateful nonetheless.

I think I'll miss updating that.

Bye for now- Liv

Pretty sure I began writing this when I was like 13 lmao