Vic

"Bye," Ruby hugged me, sobbing, "you have to promise you and Prince Eric will come and visit me all the time."

"I promise you, Ruby," I held my pinky out for her. We did a pinky promise before she began crying again.

"I'll miss you, Vic," her eyes were red and puffy, "you will marry Eric one day and you two will be the Kings!"

"You will be the princess, Princess Ruby, the mermaid."

She smiled brightly.

"Bye Rubes."

"Bye Vic," after one last hug, Paul, her guardian (someone who watches the 'mental' ones), pulled her away.

I was about to leave, however someone lightly tapped my shoulder.

"Vic!"

Abby stood, smiling innocently.

"Abby!?" I gasped, I hadn't seen her since that time we wrote a song together, "where have you been?"

"Long story," she frowned, "I was in solitary, and I've got a few more weeks to go in there, but they said I can come and wave you off, so here I am."

She pulled me into a hug, wrapping her petite arms tightly around my small waist.

"Bye Vic, come and see me when I'm out of solitary, please, I have a lot to tell you."

"Of course, I will miss you, bye Abby."

"Oh, I think they want to say something to you," she pointed to two boys, Jaime and Tony.

"Thanks Abby, I guess I'll see you soon?"

She smiled and nodded, moving back to the two bulky men who I guess are here to make sure she doesn't make a run for it.

I shuffled to the two boys, hanging my head in shame.

"I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to hear it," Jaime muttered, "I just wanted to say bye, you were actually my friend for a while."

Tony nodded.

"Bye then, I guess," I mumbled, "thank you."

"Bye buddy," Tony hugged me.

Jaime didn't hug me, "bye, Vic."

Tony hung behind slightly as Jaime walked away.

"Look after him," he mumbled, before catching up to Jaime.

For some reason, as I walked towards the desk where I collect my things, my heart was pounding, I was finally going to be free. I can go home.

"Name?" The same receptionist as when I first came her was sat behind the counter, thin glasses framing her chubby cheeks.

"Fuentes," I told her.

"18 today, happy birthday," she signed the paper and passed it over to me, pointing out where I should sign, "I'll go and grab your things."

I hummed and quickly scribbled my signature on the assigned places, anxious to get out.

"Here you go," she smiled, handing me the things I wasn't allowed to keep, "good luck son."

Smiling, I grabbed my things from her, tugging on the jacket she had handed me.

"Thank you, goodbye."

I took a deep breath and left the building and stepped onto the familiar pathway I walked up when I arrived. It had been what, 3 months?

It didn't feel like that long, but the when I was with Kellin it seemed to make time fly.

I hung the backpack on my shoulder and dug my hands into the fabric pocket. It had grown plenty colder since I had first gotten here.

Something crinkled beneath my touch, a piece of paper.

'Call me when you ready to stop ignoring me- Eric xx'

At the bottom of a page was a number, his number, which I was hasty to add to my phone.

I almost called him straight away before I saw Mikes number.

I wonder if he knows I'm out.

I pressed the dial button.

"Vic?" he questioned.

"Hey Mikey."

"How come you have you phone?"

"Did they not tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"I'm out, they let me go!"

"Holy shit! Where are you, I'll meet you at the bus stop nearest to home."

"Okay! I'll see you then."

*

The bus pulled up, I payed the fair and sat down on a random seat, preparing for the short journey until I got to meet Mike- out of the hospital.

He stood there with a sloppy grin on his face and open arms, to which I joyfully embraced him.

"I've missed you big bro," he laughed.

"You too," I hugged him tightly before releasing him.

"So I have something to tell you," he said, a small smile playing at his lips.

I nodded him on.

"I met someone. She's a little bit older, 20-"

I interrupted him, "do you think it's a good idea to date someone 4 years older than you?"

"You didn't let me finish," he said, "she has her own place, she said we can bunk there as long as we need, until we get that prick out of our house."

------
I didn't know how to finish this so yeh...