Chapter 11: Perfect Company

I park my bike infront of the check in building and walk in, seeing no one at the desk. But, there was a little bell. So, I pressed the bell. The place looked nice, it looked like a cozy place, and I could tell that the owner of the motel lives here too, because there is a doorway leading to a kitchen, and a kid that looks about five or six sitting at the table, eating cereal and reading the box.

As I prepare my money, and, yes, I did steal from a couple guys kn the way along with all of Ian's wallett, and I mean the whole wallett, a kid with blonde hair and freckles walked up to the desk and placed his arms on the desk, leaning in.

" Hello. What can I do for you?" He asks, obviously hating what he does.

I look up at him. " Hi. Um, I-I need a room with a single bed.. any size is alright. For three months. "

He looks uo at me after writing it down and looks me over once, before writing something else down. " So, parents did that to you and your wings?" He asked.

I look down at him with wide eyes. "What?! No...no- god no. Just some people that owe me some money, that's all."

He looks up at me and smiles. "Y'know, I won't tell anyone. And, hey, you do look like that type of person who owes people money, but,I can tell that's not it."

I just stare at him, my mouth agape. "How did you-"

" I'm fourteen, I know about this stuff, plus, I live in a check in building with my little brother and parents. I know a thing or two-..... oh... it was your boyfriend. Well, ex, obviously, but.... I'm so so sorry." He says.

I look away for a second, leaning onto the counter. " No, that's-that's fine. I gave him the what for too. Something to remeber me. A.... scar, to say, but- why am I telling you this?" I cut myself off.

He laughs slightly and hands me my keys and tells me my room. I smirk at him and hand him what I owe and the extra, just for him. It's just five dollars, but, c'mon. Others would have given the kid a penny or a nickel. I think.

" Keep the extra, kid. Hey, what's your name, by the way?" I ask, turning around to face him.

" Asher. Yours?" He replies.

" Hm. Glitch. Nice to meet you, Asher. " I say, shaking his hand.

" You to, Glitch. Well, I godda go now, my little brother can't lift the milk and get a spoon on his own, so, goodnight, Glitch." He says, before walking over to his little brother and gently taking the cereal box from his hands and helping him.

I look at them, flashbacks of my own siblings and my friends back at the house.

I shake my head and walk out to my room, grabbing my backpack. I walked into my room and fhe first thing I did was flop down on the bed. What? I just got beaten up by my ex boyfriend who payed a doctor to pull my life support plug, I can't fly anymore, and I kicked myself out of my house.

I think I deserve a nap.

Okay?

Okay.

   (Pls dont click on this mic here, it is a mistake. Just keep listening to youth by daighter. Okay? Okay )

__________________________________

There was no sunlight to wake me up. Instead, the wall next door was punched in. Brilliant. I walked over to the wall, my eye still swollen so I probably looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but whatever. I bend down and look into the other room.

Oh my god. It's just a kid. And the father. Oh. Ouch... the kid's gonna feel that tomorrow. .... and that. Ohh. And that.

The poor kid looks only five or six. That's it. I'm going over there. I walk out of my room hurriedly and knock on their door.