12: Never Mattered

Things went well with everything for two months. I got a job as a bartender close to another Motel, I got to take Kevin to go flying and he goes to school, and I haven't from anyone from the place that shall not be named. Everything was good. Then I got a phone call.

" Hello?" I say, my voice icy and cracking as usual. I really got to get that looked at.

" G-Glitch?!?" .....

I sit up. " What."

I hear her panting And the worry in her voice. "This I'd an emergency. Meet me at the Bar. Okay?" She says, Then hangs up.

Atleast I know what Bar she's talking about. I get my motorcycle keys and tell Kevin to get his helmet. He gets his black and green helmet,and I get my black and red helmet. I start the engine after Kevin buckles himself in, and I start driving to that bar. But, obviously she wants to meet at the back, so, I go to the alley way and see her waiting there, her car lights shining down the alley.

I park my bike, but keep it on. I got a feeling that I'm not gonna be talking to her for long. I don't want to talk to her at all in the first place. She gets up off the hood of her car and walks up to me. I shift the blade I have stashed up in the sleeve of my leather jacket.

" Stay awake from me." I say, my eyes glowing and Kevin standing behind me.

She gestures to Kevin. " What's that?"

I look down at him. " My adopted son. My friend. The kid I saved. Any other questions, or can we get down to buissnes?" I say, my helmet still on, making the glow from my eyes darker but more scarier.

She smiles. " Nice to see you two, Glitch. What has it been, two months? Yeah. Two months. "

I smirk. " Yeah. Two months. For me, two months of freedom, success, and maturity from that children's game. What have you been up to?" I say.

" We need you-"

I laugh sarcastically. The blade sliding down to my hand. " Hehe," I sigh after I laugh." Y-You? Need me? You're joking. Right? You gotten be joking." I look down at Kevin, who is looking up at me, smiling slightly. " Is she seriou- Are you serious?"

Karla tilts her head, confused at my reaction. I take off my helmet to reveal my red pixie hair, a black bow, and my double piercings. Karla seems awe-struck at my new look. Who wouldn't be? I hardly recognized myself.

" What did you do to yourself?" She asked. Walking towards me.

I slide the blade down my arm, catching the handle and putting it infront of me defensively. She stops, her hands in the air.

" Don't you dare get near me. I left you. You got yourself into trouble, not my problem. Now, get the gun out of your pocket and throw it into the woods, and we can leave without a fight.

Wait.... a gun?!? Okay. That's not Karla.

" You're not Karla." I say, my voice cautious, broken, but, cautious. I tell Kevin to back away, mentioning him with my wings which are both fully restored and more powerful than before. He backs away to my backpack, which holds his own blade. He works surprisingly well.

It laughs. But, it's starting to sound more like a guy than a girl. Much less Karla. " Who are you?!?"

" None of your business. Now, tell me where Nicole is." He says.

I growl, my wings shielding my back from any more enemies. " Why?!?!"

" So we can kidnap her and slowly kill her. Of course. Now, do you know where she is or not?"