Chapter Five:The Human World (EDITED)

Ariel's POV

I rode in the passenger seat of Shane's SUV, my heart beating a thousand miles per hour as I watched the scenery rush by. I'd barely lived my life in the werewolf world, and I doubted that I'd be able to survive five minutes in the human world.

Shane must've noticed my uneasiness because he placed his hand on my knee. "Don't be nervous, Little One," He smiled, giving me a quick glance before turning back to the road. My heart fluttered at the nickname I'd received as a smile made its way onto my face.

"There's that beautiful smile I love so much." he said, giving my leg a light squeeze.

My smile widened at his compliment before I removed his hand from my leg, earning a confused look from him, before I intertwined my fingers with his, calming him down. He brought the back of my hand up to his lips, causing sparks to spread throughout my hand and through the rest of my body.

"Some of our many, many pack members will be there either working or shopping. But ultimately, there will be at least two pack members working at each store, so just show them this," he said, pulling out a shiny black Visa card. "And you can get anything."

I nodded as I took the card from him before I let go of his hand and placed it in my lap. You. Come. Right? I wrote on the soft palm of his hand.

"Oh yeah, of course." He said. "I'd never leave you."

I let out a sigh of relief, earning a chuckle from Shane. "And we're here." He said as the car pulled into a parking spot. I looked up at the huge building in front of me with millions of different scents pouring out of it.

I felt my heartbeat speed up as I froze. This was a bad idea. My breathing started speeding up and I started shaking. I couldn't be around humans. They'll find out about us. They'll kill us. They'll-

"Hey, hey," Shane said as he started rubbing soothing circles on my back, interrupting my thoughts. "Don't worry. I'm right here. I will always be here, I promise."

I gave him a smile then nodded as I unbuckled my seat belt. Shane did the same and we got out. As we walked down the parking lot, he casually slipped his hand into mine. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me and gave my hand a little squeeze.

When I looked around, I noticed girls gawking at Shane and whispering and giggling as if I weren't there. My wolf growled in irritated at the fact that other girls were looking at my mate, and to be honest, I felt the same. And I was going to do something about it. I looked around to make sure that no cars were coming before I pulled Shane into a kiss. He froze, shocked at my sudden actions, but he quickly snapped out of his shocked state and held my hips before kissing me back. We held it for a few more moments before pulling back.

"What was that for?" He asked with a smile as we intertwined our fingers again.

I just shrugged and smiled, causing him to chuckle "Well I'm not complaining," He whispered with a smile, then bit my earlobe causing me to giggle. I gave his hand a small squeeze, reminding him that we were in public, let alone in the human world.

"Sorry," he said with a small smile. "Shall we continue?" I nodded and we continued walking to the mall. I received a few side glances from people, most likely because I was wearing over-sized male clothes. I started to feel like I didn't belong, which I didn't. But this was different. I felt like everyone was silently judging me and my appearance. My height. My body shape. Everything. Do normal people feel this way?