Chapter Fifteen:Roxie (EDITED)

Shane's POV

We sat in Greg's hospital room. Zac was asleep in Ariel's arms and Ariel was staring worriedly at Greg's sleeping figure. Ever since the ceremony, she's become more protective. Not only over Greg, but over me too.

Like when we walked in, all of the female nurses started staring at me, which was usual, but Ariel started growling at them as if warning them that if they didn't keep their eyes off me, then she'd rip their throats out and to be honest, she looked cute.

Jess and Aiden had left a while ago to let the pack know of our whereabouts and to make sure that the pack still stays together while we were gone.

"When do you think he'll wake up?" Ariel softly asked looking at me, worry shining through her eyes.

"I don't know," I answered truthfully. "The doctor said that it shouldn't be too long. They injected him with something so that his wolf could take some time to heal, so that could affect how long it takes."

"Okay." She said with a nod as she let out a shaky breath. She then gently picked Zac up and set him in the chair. He shifted in her arms before becoming still again. She sat in my lap and cuddled into my chest. I kissed the top of her head and started rubbing her back, calming her down before she slowly drifted to sleep.

*****
Ariel's POV

I woke up to the sound of heavy breathing.

My Luna instincts took over and my eyes snapped open then immediately found the problem: Greg. His forehead was beaded with sweat and he was breathing heavily.

I quickly jumped up and ran over to him and felt his forehead and nearly jerked my hand back due to how hot it was. Not a good sign. Suddenly, he tightly gripped the sheets of the hospital bed and started mumbling, causing my heartbeat to speed up. His wolf was dying.

"HELP!" I screamed as I ran to the cabinet and got an ice pack to put on his forehead. "HELP!" I screamed once more, this time causing Shane's eyes to snap open and Zac to shoot up.

"What's wrong?" Shane asked as he appeared by my side along with a trembling Zac.

"Greg's not dying is he?" Zac asked with fear apparent in his voice.

"I don't know," I said as I held Greg's hand. "Why aren't the nurses here?!" I yelled, a mix of anger and fear rushing through my veins.

"NURSE!" Shane yelled in his Alpha voice and immediately the nurses and doctors were there awaiting his orders.

"Yes Alpha." They all said in unison.

"First of all, we need to talk about answering your Luna when she calls," he growled."But for now, you need to help my brother."

"Yes Alpha!" They said in unison once again before they got to work on Greg.

"And if anything happens to him," he added. "I'm going to kill all of you."

They all gave him a sharp nod they hurried and started running tests on Greg. "Ari!" Zac said as he started crying into my leg. "Greg's dying. I don't want him to leave!"

"Oh Zac," I sighed as I picked him up and started to rock him. He continued sobbing into my chest whimpering "I don't want him to leave," over and over again, causing my heart to break. Zac was already like a brother to me and it pained me to see him in this much panic and pain.

"Uh, Alpha, Luna," one of the doctors said. "We're going to need you to step out for a bit."

"You better save my brother," Shane growled as we walked out. I sat down in a chair in the waiting room as Zac continued crying with me whispering comforting things to him. Shane wrapped his arms around both of us as I rocked Zac's tiny figure.