Chapter Three

As soon as the last bell of the day rang, I quickly went home. I had to get ready. I showered and shaved, then I got dressed. I put on my skinny jeans that made my butt look good on and then I put on my new boots that just came in the mail. I put on a nicer looking shirt that emphasized my chest size. Then, I did my hair and make-up. I looked at the time and it was already 6:00 p.m. I panicked. Kyle would be hear any minute. I quickly smoothed away any imperfections in my outfit and raced downstairs. I put on my coat, gloves, and beanie, and then, I grabbed my bag. Suddenly, I heard a honk.

Kyle is here!!!!

I silently squealed.

"Mom, I'm going to get some stuff for a project! I won't be back until later!" I yelled through the house.

I went outside and met with Kyle. We talked about the experiment the entire way there. We first went to get the supplies, but we got lost, so it took longer than expected. Once we had everything we needed, we went to eat. After discussing everything that we possibly could about the experiment, we started to talk about ourselves. It turns out that we had a lot more in common than I expected. It made me a giddy as a school girl. If I didn't like Kyle before, I definitely did now. Once Kyle paid for dinner, we headed on our was home, but half way home, Kyle's car died.

"Hold on a sec," he got out.

I sat there anxiously as he walked around the car examining it.

He came back, "Can I use the flashlight on your phone?"

"I would say yes, but it died sometime during dinner," I told him. "What about yours?"

"I left it at home, I was in a hurry," he answered.

I tried to keep my panicking under control, "What's wrong?"

He sighed, "I think we have a gas leak."

I gulped, "So we are stuck in the middle of no where without any way of contact."

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay. Trust me, I've been in way worse situations than this," he rubbed my back in an attempt to calm me. "Here, I have an idea."

I watched him exit the car and try to flag down people. He was out there for about ten minutes before I got out.

"Kyle, it's too cold out for this," I informed him.

"You think I don't know that. Get back in the car, I don't want you to get sick," he ordered.

I gave him a glare, "No."

I joined him in trying to flag down vehicles. We were out there for so long that I could no longer feel my fingers. Finally, someone stopped. It was a rustic old pick-up with a creepy old male inside of it.

"You two need a jump?" he asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's a gas leak," Kyle explained.

"Oh, where you two heading?" he asked.

"South Park," Kyle answered.

"Well, I'm heading that way if you want a ride," the old man offered.

I was ready to tell Kyle this was a bad idea, but he already accepted the offer. I looked to the old man and he was eyeing me up and down with a large grin on his face. I felt my stomach turn.

I forced myself to smile back at him, "Please excuse us."

I grabbed Kyle and brought him over to the car.

"I'm not comfortable with this," I informed him.

"It's our only option right now," Kyle pointed out.

I gave him an uncertain look.

"Don't worry, I wont let anything happen," he tried to assure me.

He walked back over to the pickup, and I hesitantly followed.

"You two ready?" he old man asked.

"Yup," Kyle answered, opening the passenger door.

"The little lady will have to sit in the middle," the male admitted.

I gave Kyle a look, but he nodded. I crawled in the vehicle, and Kyle closed the door behind him, causing me to jump. I felt my stomach turn, and my breathing quickened. This was the last place I wanted to be.