Chapter Fourteen

Science came around, and Kyle and I were trying to work on our project. It wasn't going to well since neither of us were talking to each other. Finally, the silence was killing me.

"Hey, can you start on the board?" I asked politely.

"Sure," he mumbled with the cold shoulder.

He worked on the board for about the entire period, but from the looks of it, he wasn't getting much done. I didn't want to yell at him, but I couldn't deal with him working so slow. The slower we work, the longer we have to work together, meaning the longer we have to deal with this awkward silence.

"Kyle, could you please work a little faster-"

"What are you and Craig?" he rudely interrupted.

I was caught off guard but soon remembered what Craig told me, "He is my boyfriend."

"You told me that you liked me," he pointed out.

"Yeah but remember? I said I was just kidding," I tried to laugh, playing it off.

"Why would you joke about that?" he questioned.

"Um," I stalled, "it was a dare."

"By who?" he asked with his brow raised.

"Why are you interrogating me?" I snapped.

"Craig is bad news," he warned me. "Ask any of the girls in this school. He has pretty much hurt all of them in one way or another-"

"Did it ever occur to you that I'm not like the rest of the girls in this school? Why do you think that I don't get along with them? Maybe that is why Craig likes me," I interrupted. "Now, can we please just finish this?"

"You shouldn't be skipping school," he scolded.

Just then the bell rang.

"Personally, I think my grade can take it," I informed him as I pushed pass him to leave the room.

I felt rage run through my body.

Who does he think he is? He tell me what to do. He's not my father. Where is Craig? I'm ready to blow this place.

While walking though the halls I spotted a certain blue hat, "Let's ditch."

"Seriously?" he questioned.

"Yeah, I'm done with this place," I murmured angrily.

"Alright," he smirked.