Chapter Sixteen

*Your P.O.V.*

~Time Skip~

So, Craig and I skipped the rest of the week. Once Monday came back around, I decided it was time for me to pull my life back together. Hopefully, Kyle hadn't messed up the project. That was really the only thing I was too worried about since I had already finished my missing homework.

I walked into the science room, and Kyle was already sitting at the lab. I saw that he had all sorts of papers and graphs spread out. I set my book bag done, getting Kyle's attention. All he did was give me a quick glare before going back to the project.

"Hey," I awkwardly greeted.

He grunted in response.

I tried to look over his shoulder to see what he had laid out, but he would shift so I couldn't see. I got frustrated easily with this so I reached to take one of the charts and get a good look at it. He instantly snatched the chart away from my grasp.

"Don't touch that," he scolded.

I knew the tension wasn't going to ease anytime soon so I blurted, "Who pissed in your Cheerios?"

Kyle gave me one of those are-you-fucking-serious looks and moved so I could see what he was hiding.

The project was practically done.

"When did you-"

"Last week, while you were..." he trailed off looking for the right words.

"I was sick," I interrupted.

He rolled his eyes.

"I went to the elementary school last week, and I made all the charts over the weekend. All I have to finish it the board," Kyle explained as he went back to work.

"Why did you do it over the weekend?" I asked. "There was no need-"

"For two reasons, one, I didn't know how much longer you were going to be 'sick', and two, because when you did get beck, I wanted to spend the least amount of time with you as possible when you did get back," he spat.

I should've felt offended, but I didn't because I knew he was right. If someone ditched me like I did to him, I would be just as pissed. I planned to just make him jealous, but instead, I made him hate me.

"Look Kyle, I really-"

"Save it. You know, don't even bother showing up on Friday, it's not like you had a lot to do with this project," he didn't even bother to look at me while he said it.

I felt like I was going to throw up- no, I was going to throw up. I ran out of the room to, hopefully, make it to the girls bathroom, but it was being cleaned. I instantly ran into the crissy bathroom. After I was done vomiting, I went to the office to go home.

So much for getting my life back in order.