Chapter 3: New Girl

Hex's p.o.v.
They dragged me though the kingdom in chains. Everyone looked at me like I was a freak. The disrespecting glances and the odd stares really didn't matter to me though. How could she have not stood up for me? After everything I did for her. I loved that girl, but my love has been scorned. I honestly didn't know what to do.

I walked to the jail cells deep underneath the ground under the kingdom's barracks. I passed men that looked at me like a sex deprived animal. I saw women that had depressing faces thinking of what could've been. I stopped at an empty cell, but they pulled me passed it. They placed a choker chain made for dogs around my neck and it tightened at every pull. I could feel the metal digging into my skin as they practically dragged me.

"We have a special cell for you," said the man holding the necklace. He brought me to the end of the hall and used his hand print to open the door. Inside was a dark cell with a drain in the center of the room. The bunk bed was broken at the bottom and there was pipes and a small window in the back if room.

I remember this cell. There were drawings on the wall made of scratch marks and chips in the stone. The man threw me in the damp room as water dripped from the ceiling. The door wasn't bars and neither was the window.

"We made some improvements. This time you won't be escaping," he said laughing as he closed the door behind me. He threw the necklace in with me and walked away. I caught the necklace and the chains disappeared. I looked at the cell and I had a sick feeling in my gut.

"I've wondered why that cell was made. Yeah they upped and fixed that thing. Hell are you a serial killer? Because they fixed that up as if the devil himself was inside," said the old man in the cell beside me.

"Aw don't mind him none. For every prison there is a way out," said the woman in the cell on the other side of me. I walk to the bed and sat on the small mattress. The bed frame collapsed as I sat and all the air in my lungs left as I plummeted to the floor. I small bat was in the corner of my cell and a spider in the windowsill.

My memory of being here haunts me as I try and gather my senses. The sun was shining in the cell, but I'm in a dark place. A buzzer rings and all the cells open, but mine.

"Lunch time," said a guard.

"What about the new girl?" Said the woman as she left the cell to my right.

"What about her?" Said a guard.

"She deserves a meal too," said the woman.

"Well how about you bring a meal back to that monster and spend time in her cell. Let's see how long you live," said the guard. He and his buddies were laughing.

"Alright I will," said the woman. I looked up when she said that. The guard nods and let's her go with all the rest of the people. I sat there with my head in my hands. Sure enough they let her into my cell and she had lunch. I just looked at her and scooted it away.

"Cmon you have to eat," she said. She had long, smooth, wavy blonde hair and hazel eyes. I looked up at her as she stood above me and sighed. She sighed and sat the food down on the broken bed before sitting with me. I looked at the bat and stuck my finger out and it flew over and landed on its new perch. I stuck it on the bottom of the top bunk and let it hang. I have it a grape and watched as it ate.

"So what are in for?" She asked.

"I am an innocent woman," I said.

"So you can talk. I was beginning to think you were a mute," she said.

"Yeah well I'm not going to talk much here. I hate this place and I always have," I said. She looked around and back at me. I was busy watching the bat.