Chapter 4: Blood

Susan's p.o.v
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
The day has finally come. Ive dreaded this for a month. My Hex has been in prison doing who knows what. She is an innocent woman and I subjected her to being a murderer. I wish I said no, but my people have to come first. I have to be a princess first and a friend later.

"Are you ready?" Asked Vilkas. I nodded and walked out my room.

The castle was full of suspense as the people stood quiet. I didn't want to watch her die. I love Hex why would I want her to die? Did her father know this would happen? Did he plan this? Why would he use his daughter like that? Does he not love her?

I walked to the giant doors and took a deep breath.

"For my kingdom," I said.

"Princess are you going to cry?" Asked Vilkas. I looked up at the man as my face suddenly felt wet. Have I been crying this entire time? He looked down at me with his brown eye. His eyepatch covered his left eye as a scar ran from its socket to his cheek. His five o'clock shadow was separated by the scar. He smiled at me and ran his hand under my cheek. He was happy that this was happening. He even cut his hair for this and was dressed up. The sides of his head were shaved and he had shaggy hair on top. He wore gold armor from the old kingdom and had a gold sword. He gave me diamond armor and sword to wear today. He was excited.

I wiped the tears from my face and stiffened up.

"I am fine Vilkas. Let's just get this over with," I said. I wanted to continue crying, but I had to be strong.

We pushed open the door together and walked into town square escorted by guards. Hex was in the middle of the square chained to the ground by her necklace. She had a few people with her that she decided she wanted to let watch her die. I granted her her wish.

When I went to visit her in the prison she looked broken. Her long hair was shaggy and unkept. Her blue eyes were sunken and dark. She didn't even talk to me, but she spoke to a woman that was in her cell with her. The guards said she was dangerous, but I insisted to hug her, but when I tried to hug her she caught flame. Her fire was angry and vengeful.

The woman stood and hugged Hex and her flames instantly subsided. She asked me to leave and I hesitated before leaving. That same woman was beside Hex along with a young male teen and an older man. Hex was speaking to the woman as I walked. They were smiling and laughing then she bent down and hugged Hex before returning to her spot. Does hex like her?

I stepped up to the stage and sat with Vilkas as the events started. Hex was facing me and sat quietly. She said nothing and just kept staring at me with the same emotions as last time. The same betrayed, anger stare.

"Hex, remember always think before you take action," said the woman. Hex looked over at her then took a deep breath. She hung her head low. I was getting a little annoyed that she could calm her so quickly and Hex was smiling and giggling along with her.

"You know I can still sense your emotions," Hex whispered. I had forgotten about that. I leaned back and tried to keep my composure as this led on.

"Nobody gave you permission to speak," said Vilkas.

"Imma do whatever I want. I'm going to die anyway, so I don't want any of your bull crap," she said. Hex looked back at me this time normally.

"Susan I can sense your heart beat. I can sense your muscles tensing. I can see through your little princess act. Remember I'm my father's seed," she said. Was she toying with me now?

Vilkas stood and raised his gun to her and shouted for all to hear,"I'm done with your talk. You have committed a crime punishable by law. You have murdered a citizen and now your life shall be equal to his." Then he pulled the trigger. Hex's head curled back and slung back forward. I felt sick to my stomach.