Chapter 24: Dragon

Susan's p.o.v.

I was smiling like an idiot in an attempt to hold back the tears that were forming in my eyes.
    After all these years, my Hex was still alive. I knew one day we'd be reunited, I never believed she was dead. I didn't know whether to cry into her arms, ambush her with a kiss, or wrap my arms around her. I wanted to make up for lost time, but I was so taken back by the fact she is here I just...
    Her soft lips met with mine as she knelt over and wrapped me in her arms. I couldn't help myself, I started crying. Just to once again feel the touch of the one I actually loved. To feel her graze my skin and her lips....I never wanted to be without this feeling again.
    She broke away from the kiss as I stood there still taken back.
"Susan, you're crying! Is it something I did?" Hex started panicking on the inside until I grabbed her face and once again brought our lips together. I could feel her slowly melt into the kiss as I held on.
    I let go and looked into her beautiful Ender eyes. I couldn't help the steady stream of tears trailing down my cheeks and dripping off my chin. I probably looked like a crying fool in her eyes, but I couldn't help it.
"Susan...I'm sorry that i've taken so long. I've failed in trying to protect you. You've been alone for so many years...I...I'm sorry," he head hung low as she broke the hold her eyes put me in by looking at the floor.
    Her mind wasn't working in her favor. Her thoughts were depressing and down putting, but at the same time they were hopeful and wishing to start again, becoming better than she was before.
    I couldn't help but smile, yet I was worried her thoughts in her head might discourage her stay and cause her to run.
    I walked up to my wife and stood in her field of vision. She blushed when our eyes met again, but she couldn't look away. Her eyes twitched a tiny bit almost as if she observed every detail on my smiling face, making a mental picture in her head that she could never forget.
    Secretly and unwittingly, I was doing the same. Tracing her jaw line with my eyes, observing the soft look of her cheeks, the point her ears came to, the way her short hair dawned over her eyes, the way her eyes started glowing the darker her surroundings became.
    I laughed to myself, causing her to blush a violent shade of purple.
"Hex you blush purple now?" I asked only causing the purple to engulf her face as the blushing worsened. I kissed her cheek and laughed as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.
    Her arms wrapped themselves around my waist bringing me closer to her. Just being able to hold her like this again. I haven't stopped crying since the kiss.
    I felt a warm hand graze my hot, red cheeks, wiping the warm tears of joy from my face.
"Please don't cry anymore dear," she spoke softly as she stared into my eyes.
"Easy for you to say, you've been trapped in The End all these years. You haven't had to witness all the pain and tears. The constant bloodshed that has been shared between your kingdom and mine...the chance of ending a feud between humans and mobs...gone," my tears of joy started becoming hot and salty.
    Hex unwrapped her arms from around me and let them fall to her sides. Her demeanor changed from that of worry to that of sorrow and self scolding. I was prepared to see her catch fire as she has done so many times in the past, but she didn't. 
    Bright purple flames started trailing down the face of my love. Crying was something Hex didn't do much of, but constant streams dripped off her cheeks onto the floor, slowly burning as they hit the hardwood beneath her.
    She fell to her knees and stared at the ground. Once again she wouldn't dare come in contact with my gaze.
"S-Susan, I-I I am sorry! I never meant for this to happen. I tried to break free countless times. Flying though the constant void of darkness looking for a way out, only to come up with more problems. I prayed to your dad, begging him to set me free only to have no response and more heartache. The constant voices in my head, fighting to take over my mind and all I could do was sit and listen as they filled my head with nonsense and bad thoughts. I wish I was here, I begged to be here with you. When all you have is yourself and voices....you loose yourself, but I promised myself to always remember you. So many years of being away from the one I owe my life to...the ones I love. Levi, Natalie, Savion, Tobi, I even missed the girl I rescued from prison. Susan...I can't apologize to you enough. I'm just a dragon that has done nothing but fail her whole life and cause problems. I wish I never met you in the woods because then you wouldn't have had any of this happen," I slapped her when she said those words.
"Hex I understand the struggle of not being with the one you love, but if I never met you this would still happen. A lot more bloodshed would've taken place and I still would've been overthrown. Do you think Vilkas would've been a better King even if you weren't here? Do you think your people would be any safer than they are? The only difference is you would've been with them, fighting in the war that would've happened anyway...Hex either way this was going to happen," I kneeled down beside her and softly kissed her lips,"Instead of wanting life to be different by wishing to change the past...why don't we work to change our future?"
    Hex looked at my reassuring smile as it made its way upon my lips. Her once sad state slowly became sly and mischievous. She knocked me off my knees and onto my butt with a push and started making her way towards me on her hands and knees.
"Well in that case...I wanna make up for lost time," she was on top of me as she planted a soft kiss on my lips. I melted into it as it became passionate and wanting.
"Please do," I whispered to myself. A smirk spread across her face as her ears twitched grabbing hold of every word I said.
    Her head dipped lower as her soft lips connected with the sensitive spots on my neck.
    I felt complete being with my dragon again.