Chapter 7: Black Cherries

Susan's p.o.v.
!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡
I've been preparing for the contest and school everyday of the week. I haven't been keeping up with the dates other than waiting and rushing for the weekend. I've been slipping up on my duties as a princess and a student.

She is still on my mind. And I wish she wasn't. If she loved me she would've come back by now. I guess I really messed up this time.

My friends and I have been working hard for this contest. It's a rite of passage to manhood. I remember how eager Hex was to compete and now she isn't even here to train with me. I guess my mind is upset because how we left off last time I saw her. Her dying body in my arms and the sudden rush of rescue. I wish I could still feel the touch of her soft lips upon my lips, but time passes and feelings fade. Maybe Hex's feelings for me faded?

The school work and contest are the least of my problems, that Dustin kid is too clingy. I swear it's as if he knows about me more than he should. He is a little creepy, but overall he is an amazing kid. He is funny and sweet. Smart, athletic, good taste in clothes, he is a cool guy. He seems to protect the kids that can't stand up for themselves and gets rid of bullies. He's like the Batman of the ice kingdom. I actually have a study session planned with him later this afternoon in the castle.

"Susan! Why do you keep drifting off?" Asked Eric as we walked down the front steps of the school. School had just ended for the weekend and next week is the contest.

"Oh I'm sorry Eric I just haven't been myself lately," I raked my hand through my hair and shifted my book bag over a bit.

"Do you miss her?" He asked.

"Who? Hex?" I acted clueless as we walked.

"Susan, I know you do. After she ran you've been acting so weird. I worry about you Susan. We need to go find her then hopefully you'll be fine," he patted my back and smiled.

His smile was reassuring right now, but finding hex would be like searching for light in a black hole. If she wanted to be found Levi would've found her by now. I looked back at the feeble boy and smiled. I had to reassure him somehow.I walked him to his house and was greeted by his parents.

"Well hello there princess. My son has told me a lot about you," spoke his father.

"Dad no stop," Eric was blushing and tugging at his father's arm. His father was a large man with a goatee. Eric was biracial so his father was black and his mother white. They were kind people.

"Oh yes, he talks about you constantly. Never without a smile on his face. Thank you for being friends with my son here," he was laughing as Eric tried to pull him into the house. Eventually his father gave in and walked back into the house and Eric was left in the door.

"Sorry about that," his face was red all over and he raked his hand through his short hair. I laughed and waved goodbye. I started walking home. The people looked oddly relaxed. No one has tried to over throw me or question the authority. I stood at the giant wooden doors and opened them. I was welcomed by Dustin as soon as I closed the door behind me.

"It's time," he was smiling and was unusually close to me. I walked to my bedroom and he followed behind. I stepped into my room and slung my book bag onto the floor and sat in my swivel chair. He slung his book bag into the floor and just stood there.

He was wearing a white sweat jacket with a black nike symbol and black nike shorts with white stripe and trim. He had on white and black nike slips with black nike socks.

"Hmm you ready?" I exhaled and began rising from my seat. He watched as I took a seat on my bed. He was smiling eerily as he took a seat beside me.