Chapter 8: Game On!

Hex's p.o.v
-_-_-_-_-_-_-
"Susan!" I choked. I sat up real fast and pain rushed through my body. I yelled and laid down again. I tried to move again, but the pain was paralyzing. I laid there barely able to even move my eyes.

I was in the infirmary. There were machines hooked up to me that I didn't even know the name to. There were tubes in my arms and wires to my chest. Medication was sprawled around me left and right. My body was numb in places and pain surged through others. I had a tube in my nose that wrapped around my ears and one down my throat. I decided to just try and sleep again. I couldn't feel in my sleep, so I'll just wake up when I don't feel pain. I closed my eyes and faded to an eerie sleep.

I was in a jail cell again staring into the eyes of little me. This time the bars were replaced with glass. Once again I was naked, but I could feel I was waist deep in something. I kicked my feet as it sloshed around in the liquid. I could barely move, but I managed to look down at the black liquid I was being encased in.

It was slowly climbing up my body. I started yelling as it itched its way to my face. It grew stronger and angrier the more I struggled. Eventually little me opened the cell door and the liquid rushed out like water through a hole in a dam. I hung there by my wrists as I was chained to the ceiling.

She just stared at me and I felt ashamed. She warned me of letting the stuff over come me. She warned me and I neglected it. I grew angry with myself and attempted to snap the chains. It didn't work. I looked up at the sterling silver shackles and tried to shake loose. It didn't work.

"It's not going to work," she spoke soft and gentle. I was agitated by how calm she was.

"What do you mean? I'm not going to stay trapped here!" I lifted my legs and pressed my bare feet against the ceiling. The chains snapped, but the shackles stayed on. I crashed to the cobblestone floor head first. I slowly stood up as blood trickled from my forehead and tried to walk, but was tripped by something. I went crashing again.

"I warned you," she pointed to my bottom as it was raised in the air. I looked back to the 'pleasant' surprise of a black demon tail stretching from the small of my back. It was waving in the air as I laid on the ground.

I stood again and brushed myself off. My wrists were chained together as little me grabbed the chain and led me through the void of darkness once again.

"What this time?" I asked as I was pulled.

"She has given you a chance," she stopped and pointed at the shinny silver shackles around my wrist. She broke the chain in between them and pointed to the left one. An ancient symbol appeared on my shackle.
"Light," then she pointed to the right one, which had a different symbol engraved into it, "Darkness."

"Wait you can read these?" I asked.

She nodded, "you can too."

"No I can't. I didn't even know why these are on my wrist," I looked at the shackles in awe at how they appeared on me and still appeared in my mind.

Little me pointed to the sky and a spotlight washed over us like a steady stream of water. Then she pointed in front of us and a projected video appeared.

"There is a lot you don't know about yourself. Why must you keep your emotions hidden? If you'd stop pushing down memories into the 'vault' you would feel much better," she grabbed my hand and rubbed the back of it with her thumb.

"You of all people should know why I keep them hidden. You're me!" I swiped my hand away and crossed my arms as the video screen revealed static.

"I am not you, I am just how you imagine me to be. I am your guide in this realm and who better to teach you than you?" She grabbed my hand again and held on tight. She then pulled me down and kissed my forehead.