Chapter 16: My Name Is

"Yet another test?" I asked as Kyle started twisting the Ender Eyes into place. Kyle was a female scientist. Her name was pronounced Kai- Lee.

"Hey I don't see Scarlet complaining," she laughed as Scarlet looked up. She finally caught a glimpse at what was happening. She has been writing nonstop in that clipboard of hers.

"That's because I'm not paying attention," she smiled and rose from her chair. She was pregnant with her first child and I felt empathy for her. Myself being the only other scientist with children, I can relate. Well since I'm not a woman...sort of.

"And bam!" Yelled Kyle. The entire room went into a semi-quiet applause. The portal was activated and the diver was prepared.

"You ready Martin?" I said as started jotting down notes on my own clipboard. He gave a thumbs up. A large cable was hooked onto him and he wore protective gear.
He climbed onto the edge of the portal and sang, slowly rocking on the edge.

"Preparing to jump into the rabbit hole...see ya," he spoke over the com. He waved at everyone and dove in.
It was silent for a moment until we heard the calm sounds of him singing. Then it stopped.

"Martin?" Asked Kyle.

"H-hey guys....it feels different...as if...something changed. We aren't meant to be here," he said. His voice was rigid and shaky.

"Calm down Martin. Just don't look them in the eye," said Luke, the leader in all this.

"She is calling me," Martin's voice was calm this time, almost as if he was being lured.

"Wait, who is calling you?" I asked.

"She needs me. Guys I have to go. I'm turning off the com," he said.

"Martin don't do that," said Scarlet as she leaped up frightened.

"Bye guys..." Static echoed after those words.
It was silent...until screams from Martin bellowed from the portal that later turned into his laughter. Luke started barking orders.

"GET HIM OUT OF THERE!!!"

The men started pulling up the rope. We all waited in anticipation and stress had no match to how I felt at the moment. But Martin didn't come up. Only the bloody skeleton of a man. Flesh and muscle torn clean off the bone. His jaw was open as if he was screaming...or laughing as he felt the pain.
Kyle rushed over to remove an Ender eye from the portal. As her hand reached for an eye something reached out the portal and grabbed her wrist. A creature, covered in goo, started emerging from the portal. Others rushed over to help her, but they couldn't help. Every single eye was removed, but the portal stayed open. The creatures body started emerging. It stretched the goo as it came out. The special ops started firing tranquilizers, but that only made it worse. It's as if the creature knew we couldn't hurt it and it just was teasing us. Like the evil reincarnation of Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat X while battling Quan Chi it rose out of the portal.
Kyle was petrified, she stood there, shaking in her shoes. The creature's head flicked out of the liquid. Human skin emerged as the liquid receded. It was a woman. She was naked and her chest was out. Kyle stayed calm as soon as she realized a person emerged.

"Nice body," she winked at her and smiled. Her chest was flat and her body was fit.
She slowly stood straight after arching her back. Her bottom half was still in the portal.

"Thanks dear. And you're not so bad yourself. In fact," the girl grabbed Kyle and kissed her. Intimately, but short. Kyle stood there with a surprised stare.
The black goo dropped off the girl to reveal a mess of really long hair, as if it hasn't been cut, but combed through daily. She had bright purple, glowing eyes like an Ender, but for some reason everyone was either scared stiff or mysteriously intrigued.