Chapter 4

This chapter is shorter than the others, not as much stuff happens but yeah. I'm guessing this storyline is predictable right? I added an external link to a drawing I did of the date and stuff! :)

Chapter 4 

“So it’s a blind date eh?” Arthur asked Hilda.

“Yeah my best friend set him up with me.” Hilda said playing with the clutch bag.

“Whoever that guy is, he is one lucky guy haha!”

“Hehe…” Hilda blushed and looked down. Luckily he didn’t see.

“Here we are!” Arthur said and he got out of the car to open Hilda’s door.

“Thanks.” Hilda said and she got out.

“Here’s my Xtranceiver number. Just call whenever and I’ll come to pick you up.” Arthur handed her a business card with his number.

“Thanks Arthur!” Hilda took the card and put it in her clutch bag. She looked around. It was a narrow place. No wonder why the street was named Narrow Street. It was a very dim street and seemed like an alleyway because of the huge trash cans and shady people, but Café Sonata seemed to light the whole place up. *Beep Beep* A horn and a bright light came from behind the limousine. “HILDAAA!” Bianca screamed and came running up to Hilda. “BIANCA! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!” Hilda screamed back. They gave each other a big hug. “Wow Hilda you look you pretty! But that’s usual of course.” Bianca complimented Hilda. “Thanks but look at you! You’re looking great! That diet is working right?” Hilda said.

“Yeah it sure is! Aww Hilda you’re so lucky you got to come in a limo and I have to come in a taxi…” Bianca said looking at the shiny limousine. “We can go for a drive later? Arthur is my chauffeur for tonight! I’ll call him after the date to drive us!” Hilda said and she looked at Arthur who was smiling.

“Can I really?! Wow thanks Hilda! Anyway the others are still in the taxi. Hey Hilda your date is just in the taxi behind, but go back inside your limo ok? We’ll all go in the Café first and you come a few minutes later. It will be better! The girl should always come later than the boy!” Bianca said to Hilda quickly and then she shoved Hilda back into the limousine. “Ok…” Hilda said but Bianca had already gone. Hilda hid behind the seat so they wouldn’t see her as they walked in. She could hear footsteps, talking and a door open. “That must be 3 of them.” Hilda thought to herself. She waited about 5 minutes before going in. “Good luck Miss Hilda!” Arthur said to Hilda.

“Thanks Arthur!” Hilda said and she walked into the Café.

The atmosphere there was great. All the tables were full up, the brightness of the light was relaxing and you could hear people enjoying themselves. “Hi there! Welcome to Café Sonata! Do you have a booking for tonight?” Asked the lady with the bookings list.

“Uh yeah I’m Hilda but I think it might be under Cheren or Bianca’s name because there are 4 people.” Hilda said looking around if she could see her friends.

“Sure I’ll just check that.” And the lady flipped pages on her clipboard looking for the names.

“It looks pretty crowded…” Hilda said.

“Yeah lots of people like to come here after a long day of work even though this Café is located in a terrible place.” The lady said still flipping through the pages. “Ah here under Cheren’s name! You are on table 10 just on the right side over there!” She pointed to the table. “Hope you have a wonderful evening!”

“Thanks.” Hilda said and she walked over to table 10. “Hey Hilda!” Bianca and Cheren both chirped. Hilda didn’t say anything though. She just couldn’t believe who her date was for the night and kept staring at him with a shocked face. He showed the same expression back to her. If she had a drink she would have spat it out already. Was it a coincidence? It had to be! Hilda’s date was the same guy from the subway the day before!