Chapter 8

Chapter 8

As they walked in, Hilbert was smiling and the barista didn't look happy.

"I guess you won?" Hilda said to Hilbert as he sat down.

"Yup he had a Pansage so Poka's fire was effective on it."

"Cool oh and here's your water." She slid the bottle over to him.

"Thanks. Hey do you wanna do some training now?"

"You bet! Where are we going?"

"I think a good place to start would be one of the stadiums. You know in Nimbasa?"

"Alright! I love Nimbasa let's go!"

They both got up and began to walk to Nimbasa. You do also realize that I probably won't be able to get another drink there...?" Hilda said a little sad.

"Yeah uhh sorry about that. But I never liked that barista he just looked... I dunno evil?"

Hilda giggled. "Oh well I guess there are other cafes around Unova." It was hard to stay angry at him.

Hilbert checked the time. "Hey let's pick up the pace. We might be able to get there just before the game starts so we can battle some athletes."

They both hurried up and soon got to Nimbasa.

"Phew we made it in time." Hilbert said in front of the stadium. "Ready to ba- "Hilda wasn't beside him. She was further to the right looking up at the building where Pokemon Musicals were held.

Hilbert walked over to her. "Hey Hilda. Wanna go do some training now?"

Hilda ignored his question. "Have you ever seen a musical here?"

"No but what about trai-"

"We'll do that later! C'mon!" And Hilda dragged Hilbert into the building.

The Pokemon Musical wasn't just grand on the outside but also on the inside.

"Tickets for 2 please!" Hilda said to the lady and the ticket counter. Hilda paid and the lady printed the tickets.

As she handed the tickets to Hilda she said, "You two are such a cute couple!"

"Uhh we aren't dating..." Hilda and Hilbert both said.

"Oh umm sorry... My bad..." The lady said.

Hilda and Hilbert walked up the stairs leading to the audience seats. "Just think of this as a treat from me!" Hilda said and she smiled at Hilbert.

They both took their seats and watched the show.

**After the musical**

"Wow that was really good!" Hilda said. "Did you enjoy it?"

"Yeah it was good." (Hilbert actually really enjoyed it.)

"It's nice to know you enjoyed it."

"It's also nice to know that you have a girly side to you!" Hilbert teased.

"Hey!" Hilda blushed. "So what about our training now?" She quickly changed the subject.

"Alright let's go!" Hilbert said, this time dragging Hilda into the stadium.

There were guards standing in front of the entrance to the playing field.

"Looks like there's a match right now..." Hilbert said a little sad.

Hilda wasn't as upset as Hilbert. She just liked hanging out with him. "Uhh are there any other places?"

"Hmm what about the smaller stadium?"

They both walked to the small stadium but there was also a match going on.

"What about we just watch one?" Hilbert suggested.

"I don't think I could sit that long... But if you want to watch it then I don't mind coming." Hilda said.

"Nah I don't think I could sit that long either..."

"What about we go on the Ferris wheel...?" She felt embarrassed asking that. Hilda wasn't sure if she was asking for too much.

"Ok sure." Hilbert happily agreed.

They both got onto the Ferris wheel and sat in a carriage and the ride began. The view was so pretty especially from the very top.

They were both looking out the window in silence. It was a little awkward because all of the carriages in sight had couples and stuff.  

The ride was soon over and they got out. "That was... nice..." Hilda said awkwardly. 

"Uhh yeah..." Hilbert said.  

"Yoo hoo!" A cheery voice said from behind. Hilda and Hilbert turned around. It was Bianca and Cheren. "Hey you guys!" Cheren said. "It's nice to see that you've already met up so quickly!"  

"We saw you both on the Ferris wheel and thought it would be nice to have a quick chat!" Bianca said. 

"So what have you guys been up to today?" Cheren said raising an eyebrow. 

"Oh just training." Hilbert said. The 2 didn't buy it. 

"Yeah in the stadium." Hilda said to back him up. 

"Really? Then what were you guys doing in the Ferris wheel?" Bianca asked. She loved putting people in this kind of situation. 

"Umm we were taking a break from the training..." Hilda said.  

"Ok cool." Cheren said. "Hey while we're all here do you wanna hang out or something? 

Hilda was just about to reply when Hilbert cut in. "Sorry we can't. Hilda and I were gonna hang out. Just the two of us..." 

Both Hilda and Bianca's mouths dropped. Bianca was really excited for Hilda but Hilda didn't know what to say. She didn't think he'd say something like that. 

"You lucky girl Hilda!" Bianca slapped (a friendly slap of course) Hilda's arm.  

"That's sweet of you Hilbert. Well I guess we'll meet up again, maybe next time?" Bianca said still smiling. 

"Yeah ok cya!"  

They parted ways and when they got far enough Hilda screamed at Hilbert, "What were you doing?! Now they think we're dating and Bianca is gonna tease me..."  

"Eh don't worry I'll back you up. So where do you wanna go now?" 

"Umm I dunno." 

Hilbert remembered Hilda being upset about the cafe at the start of the day so he thought of all the cafes he knew in Unova. "Oh I have a good place! I think you'll like it." And Hilbert started to walk.  

Hilda followed and said, "Wait but where are we going?"  

"To the Striaton gym." 

"Huh? We both know that we've already beaten that gym though." 

"Yes but did you know that it's also a part-time cafe?" 

"Really?!" Hilda's eyes widened but quickly changed to a raised eyebrow. "But is it better than the Cafe Warehouse?" 

"I guess we'll have to see about that." And both of them continued to walk to Striaton.