Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"It's so pretty!" Hilda said. She'd never been to these fancy things before.

People in beautiful dresses and suits were mingling and some dancing.

"C'mon lets try some food." Hilbert said. He took Hilda's hand and lead her to the food table.

They tried some of the appetizers that were being carried around by the waiters and got a cup of fruit punch each. Both were enjoying themselves until...

"Well, well, well if it isn't Mr Hilbert Black." Said a voice from behind. Hilda and Hilbert were both startled and they turned around. There stood a beautiful young lady with long, silky brown hair. She had her hand on one hip and a cup of punch in the other.

"Oh, why good evening Susan." Hilbert said in his best elegant voice. Susan put her hand out for Hilbert to kiss.

"Just who does this girl think she is?!" Hilda thought. She had no idea what was happening.

"Who might your lady friend be here?" Susan said looking at Hilda.

"This is Hilda. She's my girlfriend." Hilbert said putting his arm around we waist.

"Hi Susan. Nice to meet you." Hilda said sweetly.

"Hilda huh? That's a nice dress you have on." Susan said.

"Thank you."

"Oh dear, looks like my drink is finished. Hilbert could you be a dear and get me another?" Susan said. She handed her cup to Hilbert and he went to get her a drink.

As soon as he was gone Susan scoffed, "I can't believe he'd choose some tomboy like you over a lady like me!" She put her finger on Hilda's neckline.

Hilda stepped back and said in disbelief, "Excuse me?!"

"That's right. I was once Hilbert's girlfriend. We were perfect for each other, but our parents disapproved each other and we were forced to split! We were sad, but we knew we'd still love each other. You're merely just a replacement." Susan said with her arms crossed.

At that moment Hilbert came back with Susan's drink. He handed it to her and then said, "What have I missed?" noticing the look of disbelief of Hilda's face and the huge smile on Susan's.

"Nothing just some girl talk." Susan said. "Hey Hilbert isn't it common courtesy to kiss my cheek?" She tapped her cheek with perfectly shaped finger nail.

"Oh, right..." He stepped towards her to kiss her cheek and just as he did Susan moved her face so their lips touched.

Hilda couldn't stand it anymore. Tears began to well up in her eyes. She ran out of the villa with her head in her hands.

"Wait! Hilda!" Hilbert tried to run for her but Susan had him by the tie.

"Don't bother Hilbert. She isn't worth it."

"What the hell is your problem?!"

"Don't you think you should be with me? We're perfect for each other lets just ignore what our parents say and make a run for it! I know you still love me!"

"No way what is wrong with you?!" Hilbert removed her hand from his tie. "Good day Miss Susan." and he rushed out the door.