Chapter 5

I wrote this chapter listening to Jeremy Shada and Chloe Peterson sing a cover of the song "Lucky" (Originally by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat). It's sorta an old song but it's so cute and I love Jeremy Shada :3 Took me like 2 weeks to finish this chapter... I just didn't have any ideas and school started again. :/ But yeah this song helped :) Been watching Adventure Time too so I guess that didn't help. -.- Be sure to check out my DeviantART pics. I'm xAlphaKittyx and there are some drawings I drew just for this fanfic!

Chapter 5

"Y-You?!" Hilda stammered.  

"Uhh hi I'm Hilbert. I think we've sorta met before. Yesterday at the subway? Sorry if I was a little mean to you, I just had a really bad day." He said. He scratched his head and then he held out his hand for Hilda to shake.  

"Yeah ok... I'm Hilda nice to meet you." And she shook his hand and took a seat next to him.  

Hilbert wore the standard black vest and bowtie. Like Hilda saw yesterday, his hair was spiky. Just minus the cap.  

"You guys have met before?" Cheren asked slightly tilting his head. He wore a black suit and a tie in Bianca's favourite shade of green.  

"Not really but yeah sorta... I guess." Hilbert said.  

Hilda was playing around with the cutlery on the table until Bianca kicked her foot and showed Hilda a face meaning "Hilda stop!" Bianca wore a long black dress with black gloves. She wore a sparkly necklace and in the middle of it was a blue gem. Blue happened to be Cheren's favourite colour.  

"So umm should we order now?" Hilda said breaking the awkward silence.  

"Yeah ok." Cheren said and he called for a waiter. They all ordered their meals and waited. Bianca and Cheren got stuck into their own conversation and then there was silence between Hilda and Hilbert.  

"So umm where you from?" Hilbert asked awkwardly.  

"Oh I'm from Castelia so I didn't come far. You?" Hilda said. She was looking down at her lap and playing with her fingers.  

"I'm from Opelucid but my mother owns part of a villa in Undella so I stay there sometimes."  

"That sounds cool. I've never been to Undella before."  

"Really? Well um there's a beach close by, lots of tourists and yeah." 

"I guess I should go there one day." 

There was an awkward silence between them.  

"Um I'll be right back I just need to go to the bathroom..." Hilda said and she got up.  

"Uh yep ok." Hilbert said and he started to play with the cutlery on the table.  

Of course, Hilda left because it was weird and not because she needed to go. She still couldn't believe that it was the same guy that she saw yesterday! "No point lying to myself. I'll just admit it. He's cute and I think I like him. But he's probably way too good for me." She thought and could feel a blush creeping up her face. Hilda slouched as she walked. She closed her eyes and sighed, but she did that, "KYAA!" *THUD* she tripped over her own foot...  

"HILDA! Are you alright?!" Bianca screamed as she got out of her seat followed by Cheren and Hilbert. She was giggling a little.  

"Yeah I'm alright. I think I tripped over my foot though..." Hilda said and she started to giggle too. "Erm you know everyone is looking at us." Cheren said with a slight face palm but the 2 girls kept on giggling together. The sight of both of them laughing together made Hilbert smile and he offered his hand to Hilda. "Are you alright?"  

"Yeah haha I'm just not used to these heels!" She said still laughing. She took his hand and stood up. They both blushed at each other. "The food is finally here!" Cheren said.  

"Ooo let's go!" Bianca said and she dragged Cheren to the table.  

"So umm so how's your Tepig?" Hilbert asked Hilda bluntly.  

"Oh Bubu? Yeah she's fine. She doesn't really like training, more of a girly one." Hilda said. "How's yours?" 

"Poka is like the complete opposite of Bubu. He loves all the training and stuff."  

"Gee I kinda wish my Bubu was like that. Maybe you could teach me hmm?" Hilda looked up at him and smiled.  

"Sure." And he smiled back at her.  

They both sat down at the table and ate dinner. All 4 of them chatted for a long time until 9PM. Hilda learned a few things about everyone that night: Cheren and Hilbert were both friends in secondary school and Bianca and Cheren both met at Café Sonata. But the thing that she was most intrigued about that night was that she and Hilbert had the same ambition, to beat the Pokémon league and surpass as the champion.  

"See ya Hilda!" Cheren and Bianca said. They were both about to go into the taxi.  

"Wait! Bianca didn't you want you ride in the limousine?" Hilda called out to Bianca.  

"Nah don't worry I was only kidding! Plus I'm pretty tired too!" Bianca yawned and she got into the taxi. "Bye Hilda!"  

"Oh... Alright then. See ya Bianca!" And Hilda waved to them as they left.  

"You'll be alright?" Hilbert said to Hilda. He was taking a different taxi to Cheren and Bianca because he lived further away.  

"Yeah I'll be fine. I just need to call Arthur." Hilda said dialling the number Arthur gave her.  

"Ok then. Nice meeting you then Hilda."  

"Nice meeting you too." 

They shook hands and quickly kissed on the cheek.  

"Oh and uhh could we exchange Xtranceiver numbers? You know umm for the training stuff?" Hilbert said to Hilda blushing.  

"Sure." Hilda smiled and they exchanged numbers.  

"Well see ya." Hilbert said as he walked down the street and he waved back at her.  

"Bye." Hilda said. She watched him walked down the street, hands in pockets and she smiled. They both bonded really well that night.