Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Many of Hilda and Hilbert's days were like this except they did training too. They became really close friends now. Occasionally they would go to dinner or hang out with Cheren and Bianca, sometimes Hilda and Hilbert did their own thing. It seemed almost ordinary.

Today was a little different to the usual day.

Hilbert came to pick Hilda up from Castelia when Hilda said, "Hey Hilbert? Instead of doing our usual routine, could we go visit a friend of mine? I haven't seen her since that day you first called me which was like a month a go!"

Hilbert said, "Sure, but geez Hilda you really shouldn't keep you friends waiting! I wouldn't be able to imagine not talking to you for a month!"

Hilda giggled and held onto Hilbert's arm. "C'mon let's go! She's really nice! Remember that day at Cafe Sonata? She chose that dress out for me!"

"Oh cool it was a nice dress too. So what's her name?" Hilbert said.

"Julia and she's really elegant and stuff!"

Hilda and Hilbert walked to Mode Street together. Everyone looked towards them and smiled. It was like they were a couple.

"Here we are!" Hilda said, opening the door to Julia's store. Hilbert followed behind her. "Julia!" Hilda exclaimed.

Julia turned around. "Oh! Hilda! It's been such a long time!" Julia noticed she was with someone. "And you must be... Hilbert?"

"Yeah. Nice to meet you!" Hilbert said and they shook hands.

"I thought it'd be nice for you guys to meet and like you said it's been a long time!" Hilda said.

Julia checked the time. "Hmm it's nearly my lunch break so I guess I could chat for a bit! Have a seat!"

The 3 sat down around the counter table. "So how are you 2 getting along?" Julia said with a cheeky voice.

Even though Hilda and Hilbert were pretty close now, they still felt uneasy being put in this kind of situation. "Yeah we've known each other for awhile now and hung out and uhh yeah..." Hilbert said not looking at Hilda. Julia just kept nodding as she listened to Hilbert and smiled. She loved everything to do with romance. Hilda opened her mouth to say something but her Xtranceiver rang. She looked at it. "It's my mum..." Hilda sighed. "Gimme a sec." And she walked out.

"So Hilbert when are you gonna ask her out?" Julia blurted.

Hilbert could tell that she was dying to ask that. "No but I've been planning to. I just don't know if I should..."

"What are you talking about?! She really likes you!"

"Well it's taken us this long to get this far and if she doesn't then we'll just go right back to the beginning."

"Hilbert, the day after you both had your date, she came here and told me about it. She was so excited about how well you both got along and when she realized that you hasn't called yet she seemed sad. At that very moment you called and her face lit up again! It seems like you guys both have feelings for each other but just don't know how to say it."

Hilbert thought. It took him awhile to take all the information in. "So how do you know how to deal with all this stuff?"

"Haha well I've watched enough romance movies to be a love expert!" Julia smiled. She wasn't one bit embarrassed. "But trust me, if you ask her out she doesn't have a 1 reason to reject you! Here if you need any advice just call this number!" Julia searched for a business card and gave it to him.