Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Hilda! Hilda!" Hilbert walked along the beach to look for her, but she was nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile Hilda was on her Unfezant flying back home. She sobbed into Peace's feathers.

When she got home he knocked on the door and her mum opened it. "Oh, welcome home Hilda!" She said but Hilda just went upstairs to her room.

She kicked her heels off, let her hair down and jumped onto her bed to cry into her pillow.

Hilda's mum sat down beside her and stroked her hair. "Is everything alright dear?"

"I'm fine. Can you leave me alone for a bit? I'll talk later." Hilda said, her voiced muffled into the pillow.

"Sure." Hilda's mum said and she went downstairs.

Hilbert was still looking for her. He checked her apartment, Cafe Sonata and all the other places she loved. Then he thought to call Bianca.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bianca, it's Hilbert."

"Oh hello Hilbert, anything I can help you with?"

"Do you know where Hilda would go when she's upset?"

"What happened to Hilda?!"

"Long story short, I messed up."

"Oh... Alright. Uh well she usually goes to Cafe Sonata but she told me that she was going to visit her mum this weekend."

"Ok do you think you could tell me where that is?"

"Sure but I take no consequences if she gets mad ok?"

"I'll happily take all the consequences I just want to make sure she's ok."

Bianca gave him Hilda's address and he left for Nuvema Town on War immediately. It began to rain.

When he got there he knocked on the door to the house that Bianca told him.

The door opened and Hilbert stuck out the bouquet of flowers he bought just before he left. "I'm sorry Hilda." He said but it was Hilda's mum that answered the door.

"Can I help you?" She said.

"Uh yeah I was looking for Hilda..."

"Give me a minute I'll get her. What was your name again?"

"Hilbert."

Hilda's mum turned around and shouted, "Hilda! There's a lovely young man by the name of Hilbert outside waiting for you!"

"Tell him to go away!" Hilda shouted back from upstairs.

Hilda's mum turned to Hilbert. "I'm sorry about that. Come inside before you catch a cold."

Hilbert walked in. He sat by the heater to dry.

"So tell me what happened. Hilda doesn't seem to want to talk to me yet." Hilda's mum said.

"Well we went to a soirée, my ex-girlfriend was there, I have a suspicion that she said something upsetting to Hilda, my ex-girlfriend kissed me in front of Hilda and she ran out."

"Sounds like it was a misunderstanding. Go upstairs you'll find Hilda there. I'm sure she'll understand."

Hilbert got up and picked up the bouquet. "Thanks Ms White." He went upstairs and knocked on Hilda's bedroom door.

"Hilda?" He opened the door slowly. Hilda was still sobbing into her pillow. He said beside her. "Hilda I'm sorry. You'll understand when I tell you."

"Just go away." She hit him with her pillow. Every time Hilbert tried to speak she hit him with her pillow.

"Hilda, just listen to me this time ok? Let me just finish what I have to say." Hilbert sighed. "After that you don't have to talk to me again if you want."

Hilda didn't say anything or hit him with her pillow. "Fine."