Girls and Boys Come Out to Play - Part 2

Chapter 26 - Girls and Boys Come Out to Play - Part 2

The score was one round each and, in the nail biting last few seconds, it was down to Jenny and Tim to finish this decider. As the other four players sat on the side lines, craning their necks to try and see any action, their loyalties were divided. Gibbs and Tony sat on the edge of their seats, Tony leaning his hand on Gibbs leg as they muttered phrases such as 'come on Tim, you can do it' or 'keep down low and don't get seen'. Whilst the Abby and Ziva, holding hands tightly, whispered, 'come on Jenny, get him, get him,'

Not being able to see a thing made it all the more exciting. And knowing this was the decider, the boys having won round two, had everyone on edge.

Suddenly there was a burst of red and blue, hitting together in the air and almost creating purple. The four on the sidelines waited with baited breath for the announcement.

Red 2 you are now out of the game.

Blue 3 you are now out of the game.

Blue wins.

"Woohoo!" yelled Tony punching the air. "We won Dad, we won!"

Gibbs and Tony hi-fived each other then leapt out of their seats to go and find Tim.

As Ziva and Abby got up, Abby said "Oh well, it was certainly a fun morning,"

"Don't worry Abby," said Ziva patting her consolingly. "Jenny would have let Tim win so that they weren't grumpy for the rest of the day. You know what boys are like."

Abby laughed. "So true. I like the way you think."

As the group re-assembled outside the laser tag room, Gibbs said goodbye to Ziva. "Have a wonderful time with Jenny and Abby and be good!" he reminded her.

"I will Daddy," she said giving him a hug. "You have a good day too. See you tomorrow."

Waving her goodbye, he watched until the girls had left the room, then turning to Tony and Tim he said, "So, where would you like to go to next?"

"Lunch!" said Tony.

Looking at his watch and noticing it was only 11.30 he said, "Why don't we go and have a snack to tide us over for a couple of hours and have lunch about 1.00pm?"

"Sounds good," said Tony. "As long as food is involved I don't care."

"And this from the boy who said yesterday, 'who needs food?'. Didn't I say you were a bottomless pit?" said Gibbs laughing.

As they exited the laser tag room, they found themselves back in the foyer. Seeing a sign to the outside area, Gibbs lead the three of them through the door until they were standing in the sunshine, staring at all the rides they hadn't been able to see from the entrance.

"Wow!" said Tim. "This place is huge. I had no idea they had a roller coaster here."

"Hey mini golf!" said Tony spying the game in the distance. "Let's have a go at that!"

"I thought you wanted food?" asked Gibbs.

"I do!" said Tony, "But we can eat and play can't we?"

"Nope, no food on the games and rides," replied Gibbs.

"Bummer!" exclaimed Tony. "Ok, food first then."

They found a food stand and Gibbs bought hot dogs for the three of them plus drinks. As they ate, they wandered around the complex having a look at what was available and making quick plans of what they should do in the afternoon. Mini gold and the roller coaster were on Tony's 'must see' list. Gibbs voted for the dodgem cars and Tim chose the arcade centre.