Chapter 2: Arriving At Hogwarts

Sleep came to me fitfully last night. The dinner had really gotten under my skin because I realized how flimsy my facade is. If the twins can see through me just like that, I'm not going to last at all once I get back to school. Ravenclaw's are known to deduce very well, it's just the matter of if people actually pay attention to me or not.

So waking up this morning I became determined to make everyone believe I was alright. Fred and George wanted me to give in, but I'm afraid that if I give in all I'll feel is pain and sorrow. I don't want to be consumed by that anymore. That's why I spent most of the summer hiding it away.

Aunt Darcy was getting herself ready and I put on some jeans and a t-shirt. Might as well be comfortable on the way back to Hogwarts. I'll change into my robes before I go into the Great Hall. I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and grabbed my massive trunk. It was weighed down with clothes and books. Mostly books. My owl that I had, whom I had named Myra, was ruffling her feathers in her cage. She was a beautiful bird with bright eyes and long, reddish brown wings. She was a gift from my father my first year going to Hogwarts and the two of us have been close since then.

"We're going back, Myra." I murmur and she gives a low hoot and turns her head to me, making me smile at her. She was my big reminder of my father. I see him every time I look at her. My mother, however, gave me something else to remember her by. A necklace of a golden Phoenix, with beautiful red jewels as the eyes. My mother had told me that the Phoenix symbolized my strength. But now it symbolizes her.

Tugging my trunk out of the door, I look back inside and lower my head with a sigh. Aunt Darcy was still packing up, taking her dear old sweet time.

"Aunt Darcy, I'm going to miss the train." I say and she looks at the time and gasps. "My goodness! Elena, why didn't you tell me? We need to hurry!" She exclaims and I just give her a blank stare. She really was a piece of work.
I finally got her downstairs within the next ten minutes and we bustled out the door so that we could reach Platform 9 3/4 before it was too late. I grabbed a trolley as quickly as I could and hoisted my trunk and Myra's cage into it before we began to go towards the platform.
I was practically sprinting towards the wall, seeing that I only had two minutes left. Both of us ran straight into the wall, passing through the invisible barrier that hid the most amazing train I've ever seen: The Hogwarts Express. I got to the train and let out a sigh of relief, turning around to see my Aunt with tears in her eyes. We were both a little out of breath from running, but through her exhaustion she still found it in her to tear up.

"Oh, Aunt Darcy. Don't cry." I murmur and wrap her in a hug, hearing her sniffle. "I'm so proud of you, Elena. Always know that. You're doing so much better than I imagined and I'm so proud that you are." She whispered and I fought back my own tears as I pulled away, giving her a big smile. She didn't know that I wasn't doing so good, but I wasn't about to ruin that for her. "I love you." I say and she nods, smiling back at me. "I love you too, dear. I'll see you soon." She says and I nod, breaking away from her and getting on the train. The whistle began to blow loudly and I knew it was my cue to go find a seat. With one last wave to Aunt Darcy, I got onto the train to find myself somewhere to sit.

Since I was one of the last ones on board, I knew that I wouldn't find a decent seat. I searched up and down the aisles, looking into the different seating areas to see which ones weren't full. I found one that only had one other person inside, one I actually knew. With a sigh of relief, I walked inside, putting my things above the seat before sitting down and giving Luna Lovegood a smile.

"It's good to see you, Luna." I say and she smiles at me. "It's nice to see you too. I haven't seen you around in quite a while. I hope you haven't gotten into any trouble with the Nargles." She says in her floaty voice and I smiled.