Chapter 29: It Will Be Fulfilled

I leaped to the side as Lucius cast a curse at me. It barely missed, but the spot on the ground it hit began to fizzle. I grabbed my wand and stood up, holding it up to face him. My eyebrows furrowed down as he stared at me with glee.

"Looks like you do have some fight left in you. I figured after everything I've put you through, you'd leap at the chance to die - to put you out of your misery." He says and I grip my wand tightly in my hand.

"Maybe the thought had come to me before," I mutter, looking at him with fire in my eyes. "But that was before Draco and I learned we could make it through everything!" I shout and anger crosses his face.

"You dare to put your mudblood life...near my son's..." he quivers and I tense. It had been awhile since someone had called me that. 

"I don't think your son sees me the same way you do. And thank God he doesn't. I'm no more human than you, Lucious." I snap and he glares at me and snaps his wand in my direction. I don't react fast enough.

A curse throws me back, and I hit the ground with a gasp. 

I turn my head, seeing him walk closer towards me. His grey eyes were nothing like Draco's: they were cold, dark...emotionless. Fear began to build in my stomach as I scrambled up from the ground, dirty and exhausted.

"I cannot kill you," Lucius mutters, narrowing his eyes. "But I can sure as hell torture you." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion before Lucius raises his wand again at me.

"Crucio!" 

Excruciating pain tore through my side, and I fell back to the ground. A high-pitched scream exits my mouth, but I can hardly tell I'm responding to the pain. Lucius laughs at me as I thrash on the ground. Every vein in my body felt as if it were exploding, and my muscles were constantly being ripped apart. 

The pain stops suddenly and I'm left face down on the grass. My entire body is trembling; eyes wide, tears running down my face, and saliva dripping from my mouth. My breaths came out as gasps. I had never been hit by that curse before. Draco took it for me when those Death Eaters broke into the castle. Is this what he went through?

Shakily, I push myself up, glaring at Lucius. To think Draco endured that pain to save me...gives me all the more reason to endure it to save him. I don't care how much this body is tortured. I don't care what Lucius does to me. If I can save Draco, then that's all that matters.

"Is that all you got?" I taunt, getting back up on my feet. If he says he won't kill me, I'll use it to my advantage. Lucius grins and points his wand at me once more.

"Deprimo!" I shout, catching him off guard. Lucius slams against the ground as gravity pushes against him. He shouts a curse because of the pain, and I grit my teeth. The Cruciatus curse left me feeling weak. 

My spell got weaker, and Lucius used it to raise his wand at me, a vengeful look in his eyes. 

"Bombarda." 

My eyes widen as the attack hits me, the explosion sending me flying back. I screamed out in pain, the heat searing my skin as I covered my face. 

I hit the ground and cringe, my forearms and thighs feeling singed. I look down at my body and tears fall from my eyes. My pants were burned, creating holes throughout, and I could see small blisters on my legs. The same thing happened to my arms and a small part of my stomach. Blood dripped from my left leg, and I felt a cut on my temple bleeding out as well. 

I was in so much pain. I stood to my feet again, having to cover my mouth to make sure I didn't cry out in pain. My legs hurt to stand on. I collapsed to my knees again, the motion hurting even more, and I finally let out a cry. My body was shaking horribly.