Chapter 7: Revealed

The rest of the weekend went by way too fast for my liking. Before I realized it, it was already Sunday night and I had to start studying before my classes tomorrow. I knew I wouldn't be able to grab breakfast in the morning because of my busy schedule, so I had to make sure I ate plenty at dinner last night. 

So now I'm sitting in Alchemy again, furiously scribbling down notes so that I could have plenty of material to go over when I have a free period. It was a bit harder than I imagined it to be, but I liked a good challenge. It made me think more than I would like to, so it's actually really good for my brain. Knowing that fact made it easier to get through the hour, which began to pass by faster than I expected it to. 

Soon enough the hour ended and I gathered up all of my things, taking my books and stuffing them in my bag, walking out of the classroom to head off to my next class, which just so happened to be Defense Against the Dark Arts. I was actually dreading this class, not just because of Snape, but because I was going to be with Draco. I didn't see him at all yesterday, which gave me some time to clear my head, but there was no avoiding it today.

I knew that seeing him would be just a little bit awkward, more for me than for him most likely. Whenever we walked back to the common room, it was the first time that we haven't actually fought with one another. It felt nice to just talk to him, even if he did tease me about liking him. But I didn't know if that was going to last. I feel like he was only nice to me that day because he was trying to get something out of me, but then again I couldn't be too sure. He confused me more than anyone because I couldn't tell if it was really his personality to act like he did or if he too was putting up a show for other people to see.

As I exited the Alchemy classroom to prepare for Defense Against the Dark Arts, I knew that I was going to find out which one of my theories about Draco was right, because he came walking down the corridors, flanked with Crabbe and Goyle like he normally is. Not knowing if he was going to say anything to me or not, I tucked my head down and began walking, hoping that if I hurried, I could get something for breakfast before having to be in Snape's class. Well, I was going to try to go there just to get away from confrontation, if I could.

But as always, something -or someone- got in my way. I looked up to see Crabbe in front of me with a disgusted look on his face. "What?" I ask and he just scowls at me. "Forcing Malfoy to walk you back to your room because you're too ashamed to walk alone is pathetic." he says and my eyes widen in shock. I turn around to see Draco with a small grin on his face as he shakes his head.

"Forced? Is that what you've been telling them?" I ask angrily and he shrugs. "I was, in a way. Dumbledore has his orders, you know." he says and I give him a glare. "What are you trying to accomplish, Malfoy?" I growl and he gives me a big smirk.

"Honestly the only thing I could seem to think of yesterday was making fun of you. The way you acted Saturday was actually hilarious." he says and I feel disbelief come over me. I let out a laugh, shaking my head before looking at him disappointed. "As if I should've expected anything else from you. I thought that maybe, somewhere deep inside your soul, there was a part of you that was good. But now I'm finding out that there isn't. You're pathetic." I snap angrily and he glares at me.

"You never should've thought that I would be a friend to a Mudblood." he retorts and I cross my arms, narrowing my eyes at him. "Calling me that again? Oh, how very clever of you, Malfoy. I see your creativity can't surpass that of a five year old." I seethe, my anger really taking off. I thought for once, Draco and I had reached a spot where we could find peace, but obviously I was wrong. And it made me so angry to see how little he cared about...well, everything.

"Trying to cut me down by saying something to make me feel bad? How rich. I see that you still can't even manage to control your anger. What happened to being a coward?" he sneers and I roll my eyes. "Leaving now would be pointless because you have no idea what you're even doing, so I'm here to make you see what a mess you're making of things." I say and he laughs.